Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-12-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
dwilliamhouston
dwilliamhouston began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Export Fails is there a limit on Library Size?

I have tried numerous times to export my library using the Export/Import Calibre All Calibre Data. I currently have 128,044 books. I have successfully moved other libraries from the same Calibre instance but those libraries are much smaller. I have tried both exporting to a local drive and a remote drive with the same error. The error appears after about 5-10 minutes from starting the export. Here is the error I receive:

calibre, version 6.28.1
ERROR: Failed: Failed to export data. Click "Show details" for more information.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/exim.py", line 139, in run_action
File "calibre/utils/exim.py", line 204, in export
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 85, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 2984, in export_library
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1101, in copy_format_to
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1701, in copy_format_to
File "shutil.py", line 195, in copyfileobj
OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

I have checked disk size and that is not an issue. Any other ideas/suggestions or am I going to just have to manually copy the books over to the new machine/Library/Calibre instance i have setup.

Thanks
dwilliamhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't export. Use FreeFileSync to backup your library. That way, every other back will be a lot quicker as only changes are copied.

https://freefilesync.org

But from the error message, it could be a disk error.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-12-2023 at 05:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:01 PM   #3
dwilliamhouston

Thanks but Im actually moving from one machine to another so I can turn the old server off. I have gone ahead and start rsync ssh and doing it that way. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That error says the device is not (any longer) available, in error condition.
Are you running out of drive (temp) space ? The files are zipped then the zip is saved in the destination folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:59 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a n I/O error it means the kernel told calibre there was an error writing to the export files. Usually this is caused by hardware failure but can also happen if there is some interfering software such as an antivirus.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:24 AM   #6
dwilliamhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a n I/O error it means the kernel told calibre there was an error writing to the export files. Usually this is caused by hardware failure but can also happen if there is some interfering software such as an antivirus.
Thanks. I did an rsync and got it moved over. Its restoring the database now. I do believe there is a hardware issue which is why Im moving off that server.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Tags
export, library, size