Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is partial Calibre Library export possible?

My manga files are getting way too big and I would like to export ALL items tagged "Manga" or "Light Novel" to another library which I can backup, and then delete them from my main library. Then I can backup/use my literature-only library (now much smaller after their removal) more easily.

Is this possible without exporting the whole library?
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Use the Copy to library tool, by default it's in the book list context menu, if it's not there add it to a toolbar or menu.

You can delete the books as you copy, or leave them there and Remove them when your 'happy' with the new library.

Added: you'll need to create a new empty library before you do the copy.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:59 PM   #3
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Use the Copy to library tool, by default it's in the book list context menu, if it's not there add it to a toolbar or menu.

You can delete the books as you copy, or leave them there and Remove them when your 'happy' with the new library.

Added: you'll need to create a new empty library before you do the copy.

BR
Thank you! It worked!
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, export, library