Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-01-2023, 08:25 AM   #1
johnr79
johnr79 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle fire hd
Angry Help needed with import

hi i am trying to get this to work to import my books

(?P<author>.+) - (?P<series>[^_]+) - (?P<title>[^_]+)

this is the layout of all the books i have

B Buechter - [The Wanderer Trilogy 01] - Purpose (epub).epub

it is splitting the fields correctly but i cannot get it to look the same as if renamed from the internet my import is producing the library like this

Purpose (epub) - B Buechter - [The Wanderer Trilogy 01] [1].epub

and i need my import to look like

Purpose (epub) - B Buechter - The Wanderer Trilogy [1].epub

which is the standard after internet renaming i have tryed regex but i cant figure it out how to write it to get the output i need

any help would be highly appreciated
johnr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Renamed where? The Library (folder) should be considered a Black Box.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...lder-structure

Calibre can do ALL the tasks most need during Export (Send to Device, folder...) phase. See the Template Language section in the Help.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
johnr79
johnr79 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle fire hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Renamed where? The Library (folder) should be considered a Black Box.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...lder-structure

Calibre can do ALL the tasks most need during Export (Send to Device, folder...) phase. See the Template Language section in the Help.
no i am trying to import them but they are not going to the correct fields
johnr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 11:39 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The only place I've seen filenames with (epub) in them is pirate sites. Not to mention that in your template, you are not splitting the series name from the series index.

As @theducks mentioned, the calibre library should be treated as a black box. The filenames & directory structure are not modifiable. You can play with the Send to device or Send to disk templates for exports.

If you are trying to set metadata from the file name, you can check such message threads as Adding metadata via filename for some help.

If you are still wanting the filenames in the calibre library, see this message: Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library? from 2011. Nothing has changed.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-01-2023 at 11:43 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
filename should be irrelevant on importing an ebook as all the stuff like title, author is in the metadata. Series info is usually needing manually set. I clean up the metadata on each book I import. Often I change Published date to first published (or first for that version) rather than ebook release date.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 03:24 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I could have used some help when I first moved my library to calibre. Cleaning up the metadata on both the ebooks and the dummy entries for my paper books took a while and was not fun. Since then, I just clean up the metadata since I don't add thousands of books at a time so it's not as time consuming and most new ebooks have decent metadata.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, library, regex, renaming