Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2023, 04:50 PM   #1
mikhail_fil
Enthusiast
mikhail_fil began at the beginning.

Device: PC / ipad air
Copy Metadata for Multiple Books (all or preset fields)

How to select multiple books, and copy their metadata into Clipboard, Excel, Notepad. Lets say I want to select 20 books, then click copy Metadata to copy preselected fields, i.e. Title, Authors, Keywords into Clipboard or maybe CSV.

So far, I only found a way to Copy a single book, and it just copies all of the metadata, forcing me to delete a bunch of unnecessary field.
mikhail_fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:16 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the GUI the Create Catalogue tool will create a CSV file for multiple books, you get to choose which columns and their order, you'll need to add it to a toolbar/menu, or give it shortcut - for me it's ctrl+shift+C.

From the command line the calibredb list command ==>> The Command Line Interface

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Try the Action Chains plugin. It has a "Copy To Clipboard" Action. It allows you to define what exactly you want to copy to clipboard using calibre's template language. You can set up as many chains to copy different configurations of metadata, and assign them to keyboard shortcuts.

For example, if I want to copy the author and title separated by a dash, I would use the following template:

Code:
{author} - {title}
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:22 AM   #4
mikhail_fil
Enthusiast
mikhail_fil began at the beginning.

Device: PC / ipad air
.THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by mikhail_fil; 07-21-2023 at 12:17 PM.
mikhail_fil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, metadata