Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
JetBook Lite $149.95 with $50 Micropay credit @ Fictionwise

http://www.fictionwise.com/hardware/...te/landing.htm

Just saw this offer on the Jetbook Lite reader in a Fictionwise weekend deals email. The $149.95 price tag includes the Jetbook Lite and $50 to spend on ebooks at Fictionwise.com.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Interesting. I didn't know that Fictionwise sell jetBooks. $149.95-$50=$99.95
Nice price!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Very nice!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
New

As far as I know Fictionwise has not sold Jetbooks in the past. It is a new item as far as I know, as well as the eSlick they have for sale as well.

I am hoping that they will carry the Pocketbook 360 next!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
causticmuse
Binge Reader

The effective price comes down to $76.48 if you have a Buywise club membership already:

$149.95 for Jetbook Lite - $50.98 instant book credit - $22.49 Buywise large transaction credit

TOTAL:
$76.48 for JetBook + $73.47 ebook credit

Fictionwise is still giving 100% of any Buywise club membership back in book credits, too, so it’s a no-brainer to go ahead and sign up to get the additional 15% discount if you aren’t already a member.

$149.95 for Jetbook Lite reader + $29.95 1-year Buywise membership - $29.95 Buywise Micropay ebook credit - $50.98 instant book credit - $22.49 Buywise 15% large transaction credit

TOTAL:
$76.48 for JetBook + $103.42 ebook credit + 1 free ebook credit (up to $10 value)
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Give 'em the razor, and sell 'em the blades!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
I've looked into this and from what I can tell, the Micropay Points are only good for short stories and lesser known, lower priced books. In other words, if you put a best seller or other popular or newer book in your cart, you aren't able to use these points towards its purchase. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Micropay points are good on any book. You just may not get any micropay points back when you purchase with micropay points.

This is especially true of titles that give 100% micropay points back. You need to pay with credit card or paypal to get the 100% micropay points back.... but you can pay for them with micropay points if you want... just not as cost effective.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
JeePea
Enthusiast

Thanks for the correction. I've shopped at Fictionwise and gained a few Micropay points but don't recall being able to use them on newer books etc. Are you able to use part Micropay Points and part PayPal for a purchase or is it all of one or another? Maybe that's where I've had a problem.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeePea View Post
Thanks for the correction. I've shopped at Fictionwise and gained a few Micropay points but don't recall being able to use them on newer books etc. Are you able to use part Micropay Points and part PayPal for a purchase or is it all of one or another? Maybe that's where I've had a problem.
If that's the case (can't use them with Paypal), I'd suggest you try the paypal plugin. It works like a mastercard, and uses your paypal balance (and backup funding). Keeps me from using my real credit card 99% of the time, and you can set it up for single use, multi use, etc.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
You can use them on anything, as explained. But you can't do a partial payment with them. You are either paying with micropay, paying with credit card or paying with Paypal.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
JeePea
Enthusiast

Thanks ficbot, that's what I thought. I guess I'll just have to build up more Micropay Points so I can use them properly.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeePea View Post
I've looked into this and from what I can tell, the Micropay Points are only good for short stories and lesser known, lower priced books. In other words, if you put a best seller or other popular or newer book in your cart, you aren't able to use these points towards its purchase. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You can use Micropay for anything, so long as you have enough for your purchase.

Some rebates are only credit card/paypal. Others you can get when you use micropay. It will say when you put them in the cart.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
causticmuse
Binge Reader

I did wind up ordering the Jetbook Lite from Fictionwise while all of the promotions were going on. Mine arrived Thursday with firmware 0.14i, but I updated to 0.14n last night and am a lot happier with the unit now that my secure eReader files actually resize font properly. I do have the same problem with missing lines at the bottom of some eReader file pages, but my Mobi/PRC, pdf (regular and password-protected), text, and RTF files all look great.

If Ectaco fixes the eReader cut off problem and adds support for DOC and secure ePUB/Adobe Digital Editions in the future, I will be a super happy camper. The bulk of my ebook library is in PDF and secure eReader format, and as a heavy Fictionwise buyer I don't care about OTA book delivery. Add all that to the under $80 price point of the Jetbook Lite after Micropay rebate and bam! I decided to give the JBL a chance. I'm very happy with it already--it's a nice no-frills unit that still does just about everything I need it to do without costing as much as a netbook computer.