Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
HELP

Hi everybody
I was anxious and i couldn't read threads to find my question, so i decided to ask it here. i don't know whether it is a right place or not,anyway please help me!
i bought a kindle PW and it was alright. today i installed latest version of doukan on it, then i read some pages of a book.
after a while i tried to adjust front light but the screen was locked on that page of the book
i tried to reset it by power key at the bottom but it wasn't work. i connected kindle to my pc but the the problem existed. I formated the drive of the kindle except for two main folders".active content box" and "document"! but the problem is existed.
screen is hanged on that page.
I live in iran where i cant use warranty services, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Last edited by ft.parham; 04-19-2013 at 07:29 AM.
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I doubt that reformatting the drive was a good idea, though I'm not technical enough to understand what that will have done. Have you tried a hard-reset of your Kindle? This link gives you the details of how to do it, plus a video:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200996540

In summary:

"Restarting your device can sometimes resolve issues like a frozen screen or problems downloading content.

There are two ways to restart your Kindle Paperwhite:

1.From the Home screen, select Menu , and then select Settings.
2.Select Menu , again, and then select Restart.

If your device is unresponsive, you can also restart it by pressing and holding the power button for a full 20 seconds. You will see the screen flash after several seconds; this is normal.

Keep pressing the power button for the full 20 seconds. When the restart is complete, you’ll see the start-up screen.

Restarting your Kindle may take a few minutes to complete."

If your Kindle is frozen, the second option is the only one open to you at this time.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I think you Fubarred it! Why would you muck around with jailbreaking and then format the hard drive prior to asking for help??? I'd really like to be wrong here but formatting the hard drive wipes it. Not a good move.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
tnx a milion guys.
it was done!
i solved the problem with your hint dear orlok.
by using hard reset kinde came alive again!
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft.parham View Post
tnx a milion guys.
it was done!
i solved the problem with your hint dear orlok.
by using hard reset kinde came alive again!
Glad to hear it worked .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert