Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Hardware is identical, but You are totally right - sound disappears. But for somebody possibility to use annotations may be more important than the sound ...
You can go the other way. Install only the modified program:
- Coolreader
- Dictionary
Extract the this archive inside the book and run scripts

Вы полностью правы. звук исчезнет. Но для кого-то возможность пользоваться аннотациями может быть важнее звука...
Можно пойти другим путём. Установите только изменённые программы:
- Coolreader
- Dictionary
Распакуйте этот архив внутрь книги и запустите скрипты

Last edited by Kirith; 02-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #17
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Nausica,Hi!
Correctly,it is impossible to set up 1.8 firmware 20130205 on a Firefly ,a sound will disappear!
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #18
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hi Kirith, thanks for the reply.
I downloaded the zip file you posted and I can not copy all the files in the internal memory, for file cr3 says that already exist (it's the cr3 folder) and do not copy or ask to overwrite it and accepting this then gives me an error).
Or the zip archive is corrupted or my computer
I only installed dict tools and now I can open the dictionaries in coolreader.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Junior View Post
Nausica,Hi!
Correctly,it is impossible to set up 1.8 firmware 20130205 on a Firefly ,a sound will disappear!
Hi Senior Junior,
I thought that was so (Kirith confirmed this), this time I was not going to experiment.
My reader is now perfect for my needs.
Thanks anyway
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
indeed, the cr3 is corrupt.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
indeed, the cr3 is corrupt.
Fixed archive. It should work

Исправил архив. Всё должно работать
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Note: you cannot unzip this small zip archive (cr3 Coolreader and dict_tool Dictionary) into the main directory of your "Internal Storage". You MUST create a subdirectory there and then unpack this "zip" archive into this subdirectory.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Sadly double tapping on a word in Coolreader to bring up the dictionary still doesn't work in 80% of cases.

EDIT
Correction, it doesn't work in 66,66% of cases. When you tap on a word located in the center portion of the screen it usually works but when you (double) tap a word which is on the left or right side of the screen you only manage to turn the page.

Last edited by yayo; 02-14-2013 at 03:13 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #24
Kirith
schoolteacher

This update also works on other models i62HD. Noticed only two bugs: not working correctly the searching & does not work "go to the page"

Это обновление работает и на других моделях серии i62HD. Замечено только 2 ошибки: не корректно работает поиск и не работает переход на страницу
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #25
Abayo
Abayo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Hello

I got my i62ML AngelGlow just recently and now I am not sure if these Firmwares will also work for my reader. And how i can update the reader
I think i read here that i can update by putting the zip-file into the internal store of the reader and start a file?
Hope you can enlighten me

Because I want to keep my soundoption I thought about this firmware:
v. 1.8 20130114

Bye,

Last edited by Abayo; 02-18-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Abayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Kirith
schoolteacher

Quote:
And how i can update the reader
Put the zip file on the SD card, turn off the reader, press the "Back" and after that - the power. Wait until the message "Updating ..." will appear . Button is released.

Положить zip файл на карту памяти, выключить ридер, нажать кнопку "Назад" и после этого - питание. Ждать пока появится надпись "Обновление...". Кнопки отпустить.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
Abayo
Abayo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Thanks for the fast reply!

I put the file on a empty SD card (just in case), turned the reader off and turned it on again with the home button pressed.
Strange thing now is: I get a message like "Software update request detected, scanning for update...", then release the home button and wait. After around 1 minute the screens turns black, white, black and boots normally again, but the reader tells me that the firmware ist still the same ??

If i do not release the home button, then it will start blinking like described after one minute and then the same message will appear again (scanning) and it will blink again, and so on...
I tried to press the button for around 5 minutes, but nothing changed ...
where was I wrong?
Abayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #28
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Firmware from this thread is not suitable for your device. Polish seller has made their FW incompatible with others to prevent installing it to other onyx devices.

Last edited by pkbo; 02-22-2013 at 12:59 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #29
Kirith
schoolteacher

Release of new firmware is in China. URL in the header theme. Of the most notable improvements include a new mode of saving the backlight when you turn off book

Вышла новая прошивка в Китае. Ссылка в шапке темы. Из заметных улучшений надо отметить новый режим сохранения подсветки при выключении книги
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #30
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
Release of new firmware is in China. URL in the header theme. Of the most notable improvements include a new mode of saving the backlight when you turn off book

Вышла новая прошивка в Китае. Ссылка в шапке темы. Из заметных улучшений надо отметить новый режим сохранения подсветки при выключении книги
Thank you very much.
I have installed the firmware and manages former Chinese great enlightenment. Better than the one who brought my Firefly series purchased in-store ereader.
I would appreciate a complete list of the improvements incorporated.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote