Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
prg
Member Retired
prg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Titanium Backup wont work

i have a Driod 2.3 on my Kobo Vox... and i rooted it using Gingerbreak... and then installed Busybox from the market. and well, now Titanium Backup wont gain root access... and i have no idea why!
has anyone else had this problem?
know how to over come this?

it's sad seeing ROOT ACCESS: FAILED.
prg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Are you sure your VOX is still rooted? Try re-rooting.
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
prg
Member Retired

i have root access... so i presume i am rooted. i have been able to do all the other stuff i wanted to do, but i cannot get the backup to work. it's weird.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

If I remember correctly, you need to have Android Market loaded. I'm currently building an app for that... or you can do it the manual way...
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
No, I was successfully using titanium before I installed market.

[edit]: The only thing you would need market for is to get automatic updates of the titanium app.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
prg
Member Retired

i do have Market installed... i manually did it. i have other programs on there... but for some odd reason, i cannot get root access through TB... and i have no idea why.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I'm not near my vox and haven't looked at this in ages, but you can go into the Superuser app and see what apps have been given privileges. Possibly titanium was previously denied for some reason and it's remembering?

[edit]: Also, it's possible it makes a difference if you installed titanium before you rooted? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling titanium?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gingerbreak, kobo vox, root, titanium backup