Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
New Firmware soon

This was posted in the Sony Forum.

"I have just been informed that Sony engineering have almost completed their testing and the new firmware is targeted for a December 2nd release. Thank you for your patience."
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Thank you for posting this here. I have been watching every day for more info.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate the information.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
That's good, thanks for letting us know. Just had an email from Sony saying my reader has been despatched
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
requiem_mortis
requiem_mortis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Should be posted here when released

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1/updates
requiem_mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Eh ?

I thought we'd had the latest ??
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
This is the firmware patch to fix the page flipping and touch screen freezing issues
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
orfeo
orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks a lot for the information! I am looking forward to the update.

I just got my prs-t1 three days ago (my first eReader ever!). I have tried some pdf and epub files, and downloading from dropbox. So far, the freezing/flipping problem hasn't happened, and I would be very happy if it will never happen.

Also thanks to all the contributors in the forum
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
still nothing at the moment, i reckon its going to be mid december. sony never follow up on release dates
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
I'd rather they get it right than push it out.
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
i agree im just saying i dont think its going to be released until mid december.. just like the last comment about getting it right..
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
TAG_Keri
TAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: sony PRS-T1, Prs350, Kindle3Gwifi, MiGear
On Sony Site
"Sony engineering is currently very close to the completion of testing of the new firmware for the PRST1 Reader and I have been informed that they are now targeting the release for mid-December."

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1/updates
TAG_Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
richkonline
Nameless Being

Sony Support in USA tight-lipped

I just spoke to Sony Support in the USA. The said that they have no date for the release of new firmware to fix the freezing / page flipping problem. They told me that 1.0.02.10280 was the most recent update available in the USA.

Where are the quotes about December 02 and mid December coming from? Can you post a link to the quotes?

Many thanks.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
TAG_Keri
TAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animalsTAG_Keri is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: sony PRS-T1, Prs350, Kindle3Gwifi, MiGear
For Richkonline

https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11379
Scroll down to the last post. From the mod at Sony

Last edited by TAG_Keri; 12-02-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: adding link
TAG_Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Someone should tell Sony it is better to give pessimistic estimates and beat them, than give optimistic ones and miss them. Yikes.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote