Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
ChewDigest
ChewDigest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, iPod Touch
Question App Icons are Blank

All of the icons of apps purchased from the Amazon store are always blank gray boxes. If I go and clear the cache of the app store, they come back for a second, only to disappear again as soon as it contacts/syncs with the cloud. Sideloaded app icons show up fine.

Any help? I have tired a hard reboot/restart multiple times.

Last edited by ChewDigest; 12-17-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling error
ChewDigest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewDigest View Post
All of the icons of apps purchased from the Amazon store are always blank gray boxes. If I go and clear the cache of the app store, they come back for a second, only to disappear again as soon as it contacts/syncs with the cloud. Sideloaded app icons show up fine.

Any help? I have tired a hard reboot/restart multiple times.

Find an App without an icon and try clearing the cache data in it as well and see what happens. If that doesn't work try clearing the App data as well. Otherwise, you may have to uninstall and download the App again from the Amazon cloud.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
ChewDigest

Thanks, just tried clearing the cache data individually, and then uninstalling/reinstalling, no change.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. My internet/wi-fi is really slow, is there any reason that this would effect the loading of icons? It seems strange that side-loaded apps are fine, but apps that are dependent on the Amazon store are the ones not working.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks, just tried clearing the cache data individually, and then uninstalling/reinstalling, no change.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. My internet/wi-fi is really slow, is there any reason that this would effect the loading of icons? It seems strange that side-loaded apps are fine, but apps that are dependent on the Amazon store are the ones not working.
Clear the appmanager's data. Someone else with this problem fixed theirs this way if that's doesn't work restart and try again. It took them 3 tries to fix it. I know the other solution is a factory reset.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Clear the appmanager's data. Someone else with this problem fixed theirs this way if that's doesn't work restart and try again. It took them 3 tries to fix it. I know the other solution is a factory reset.

Thanks. This is good info to know and to store away for a rainy day. Hopefully it won't come down to a factory rest.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
ChewDigest

Quote:
Thanks, it seems like the only time they show when I clear the cache for the appstore. Even then, by the time I do a hard reset, they disappear. Tried Factory Reset yesterday, sort of hesitant to do that again.

Love this darn thing, just think I should be able to see what is on it.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, it seems like the only time they show when I clear the cache for the appstore. Even then, by the time I do a hard reset, they disappear. Tried Factory Reset yesterday, sort of hesitant to do that again.

Love this darn thing, just think I should be able to see what is on it.
Clear the data in appmanager not app store.
Clearing caches has nothing to do with this.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Do you lose anything when you do this? Like your progress in games or anything of that sort?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Do you lose anything when you do this? Like your progress in games or anything of that sort?
Just your recent items order.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Just your recent items order.
Thanks Blossom.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
ChewDigest

Quote:
Clearing the cache in the appmanager does nothing. Only by clearing the data in the appstore do the icons show again, even for a second. They also don't show in the actual appstore, where you can buy new apps.

Thanks, I will keep trying different combos until Amazon customer service decides what they want to do, exchange it or tell me I'm crazy

Tags
icons blank