Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
I might be seeing things

I am using the nature screen savers. What made me think the nook is providing 3D (I know but...) was a picture of a forest path. It has a couple of dark bushes. I'd laid the nook down and glanced at it at an angle. The dark bushes stood out dimensionally.

It appears that e-paper is layered for gray scale. The darker coloring is closer to the surface of the screen with the lighter colors below. The viewing angle brought that to light. It appears with some success in other pictures too. Not great or always totally accurate but dimensional.

I don't think I've lost it but you never know. Age has crept up. Anybody able to confirm this silliness on my part?
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
<Me rushing to get my Nook, find the right screensaver and tilting>

Nah, can't say I see it. Or... maybe... the closest bush (the one in the front, to the left does kind of jump out... Nah, I think I'm imagining.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
If you eyesight was as good as your karma...
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote