Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Jim Ford
Jim Ford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Deleting unwanted news feeds?

How do I go about deleting the numerous news feeds, leaving only those I'm interested in?

Jim
Jim Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ford View Post
How do I go about deleting the numerous news feeds, leaving only those I'm interested in?
It sounds like you want to delete builtin recipes. You can't remove builtin recipes short of rewriting the code. If you schedule a feed, it shows up under "Scheduled." That's your personal list and you can add/remove recipes from there by scheduling/unscheduling.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Jim Ford
Jim Ford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think adding recipes to schedule is quite what I want.

I don't want to regularly download a particular feed, just occasional ones. So as it stands, I'll still have to trawl through the long list of builtin recipes to find those I'm interested in.

It's odd that all the recipes are hard coded and not in (say) a separate config file that can be edited.

Jim
Jim Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ford View Post
I don't want to regularly download a particular feed, just occasional ones. So as it stands, I'll still have to trawl through the long list of builtin recipes to find those I'm interested in.
You can search quickly with the search feature, or turn them into custom recipes and review the custom list or just schedule them very far apart. Personally, I just schedule them so they are always ready to read when I want to read them. Why bother to wait for it to download.
Quote:
It's odd that all the recipes are hard coded and not in (say) a separate config file that can be edited.
Jim
Recipes change weekly. Each time you upgrade, calibre would have to correlate your list, with its list. So, all in all, it's easier to just keep a list of all available recipes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote