Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
deborahjeanne
Zealot
deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color. Kobo Touch (died 2014). Kobo Glo.
Arrgh

I got a Kobo wireless for Christmas. I like its size. I like that it is canadian content, I don't have to worry about exchange, or connection issues.

The bookmarking is really getting on my nerves. I cannot get the bookmarks to sync at all. Being that it is early days, I am figuring out how everything works, and so wanted to explore this feature. I have an iphone 4 and we have an ipad. I started playing with reading life on the ipad kobo app. But I can't get the pages to match up between my iphone, and the ipad and the website. The website threw me way forward into the book for some reason. And lets not even get into the kobo reader itself (I still have a help ticket in for that). The customer service has been easy to access, and very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it seems they don't all have quite the same information. (learned this after 4 calls in one day)

A co-worker has the nook, and I'm really wondering if I should go that route instead. I still have time in my 30 days to return the kobo as per their website.
I have a B&N account though I am canadian, and it is about a 45 minute drive to the nearest B&N store. It is doable. But will I just encounter more of the same/similar problems?

What should I do?
deborahjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bookmarking and syncing are really easy on a Kindle. I have no idea about the Nook.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Deborah. Don't give up too easily. If you post about your problem in the Kobo-dedicated sub forum here at MobileRead, I'm sure an experienced Kopbo user will soon come up with a solution. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote