Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Phanes
Phanes began at the beginning.

Device: a few
ADE won't use Sigil css file

I'm having trouble getting ADE to use the css file that I created in Sigil. In Book View, everything looks fine. But when I open the epub in ADE, the formatting is gone and ADE displays the book in default
The individual chapters have:

Code:
  <style type="text/css">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/main.css" type="text/css"/>
  </style>
The css file has:

Code:
  <style type="text/css">

h3.center {text-align: center;}

h4.center {text-align: center;}

p.sgc-3 {text-align: center;}

p.sgc-5 {font-style: italic; text-align: justify; margin: 0;}

p.noind {text-align: justify; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; padding: 0; text-indent: .25in;}

blockquote.sgc-11 {margin: 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;}

</style>
Any ideas?
Phanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
remove the html code from the css file. The first and last lines from your example.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Phanes

I removed the html from the css file, and while it looks good in Book View, ADE still will not display the formatting.

Edit: also, if I put the css in the head of the individual chapter, then ADE displays the formatting correctly.

Last edited by Phanes; 10-22-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: another point too...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FYI: Any little mistake in the css sheet at all will cause ADE to ignore it completely. I found this out the hard way. Drove me crazy.

So you might want to triple check that everything you have in the file is proper css.

FWIW,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
For instance:

margin: 0 0 40px;

As far as I know, you can specify 1, 2 or 4 values for margin, but not 3.

And are you sure you want to use "px" and "in" as units? Pixels are very device-specific, two screens with the same size but with different resolution will have different margins. Inches are quite absolute, no matter how big or small the screen and the font, they stay the same. You might consider using percent lengths or "em".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
Phanes

I cleaned up the css file. Used em and also got rid of the sgc-# that Sigil generated. Here is what I have:

Code:
h3 {
text-align: center;
}
h4 {
}
p.center {
}
p.ital {
font-style: italic; text-align: justify; margin: 0;
}
p.ind {
text-align: justify; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; padding: 0; text-indent: 1em;
}
blockquote {
margin-left: 1.5em; border: 0; padding: 0;
}
Still, ADE won't accept it, but looks good in Sigil.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Phanes

Found the problem.

I had:
Code:
<head>
  <style type="text/css">
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/main.css"/>
  </style>