Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Music on PE

Hi there

I don't have much experience with PE and the music player yet, but something doesn't work...

I can add music to the library and play. But when I try to use the music player, I don't see any music tracks. Hope you understand what I mean !?

Thanks and greetings from Sweden
Yivi
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
you can play from the library or any directory you have music in. I use a few music apps, but one of the nicest is ttpod because it has a graphic equilizer and it is free. Also, I use mp3download pro to download music. mp3download pro also downloads lyrics if they exist for that song and displays them as the song plays, kinda cool addition.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yivi View Post
Hi there

I don't have much experience with PE and the music player yet, but something doesn't work...

I can add music to the library and play. But when I try to use the music player, I don't see any music tracks. Hope you understand what I mean !?

Thanks and greetings from Sweden
Yivi
Once files are added to the Library, the Music Player can no longer see them. However, you can export them from the Library. Open your Library. Touch the Check Box near the top of the Library Screen. Check the music you want and select Export and select either Internal Storage (preferred) or SDCard. Close the Library and open the Music App and and the music will be available for playing. In the future, directly copy your files to folders on the PE (e.g. make a folder called Music) and when you open the Music App the PE should scan and find all content.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead and the eDGe forum Yivi!

Obsessed and tekknogenius have already answered your question (I think! ). And, as usual, I have learned something new from those answers. I like the idea of seeing the lyrics, so going to try mp3download pro that tekkno mentioned.

Enjoy your PE!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Thank's, i will test it.
Like the idea of seeing the lyrics too
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
In the future, directly copy your files to folders on the PE (e.g. make a folder called Music) and when you open the Music App the PE should scan and find all content.
It dosn't work on my PE
The Music App can't identify this type of file. (mp3)

Cheers,
Yivi

Last edited by Yivi; 01-09-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome to MobileRead and the eDGe forum Yivi!
Thank you very much

ttpod works perfect for me
Is it possible to get access to my iTunes music server, runing on a buffalo linkstation.

Cheers,
Yivi
Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Is it possible to get access to my iTunes music server, runing on a buffalo linkstation.
Does anyone have any ideas for this?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Does anyone have any ideas for this?
Not being familiar with the buffalo station...

You would be able to access it using a newer version of the es file explorer assuming that you can create a network share on the buffalo station.

Did a quick search for linkstation and samba and found that it runs samba (windows share server). So you will be able to access the share on the linkstation.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 01-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
Not being familiar with the buffalo station...

You would be able to access it using a newer version of the es file explorer assuming that you can create a network share on the buffalo station.

Did a quick search for linkstation and samba and found that it runs samba (windows share server). So you will be able to access the share on the linkstation.
There is no problem to explore the linkstation. Works even with the older version of the ES File Explorer. I can copy the files to the PE (I use this way to put the ebooks on the PE), but I can't stream music to the PE. I looking for something like the PlugPlayer. Runs fine on my iPad but not on the PE.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
How about this? https://market.android.com/details?i...2ViQWNjZXNzIl0.

We have a NAS that gives us Android apps for access -- thought yours might too. Will it work??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
There is no problem to explore the linkstation. Works even with the older version of the ES File Explorer. I can copy the files to the PE (I use this way to put the ebooks on the PE), but I can't stream music to the PE. I looking for something like the PlugPlayer. Runs fine on my iPad but not on the PE.
What about AndroMote Remote Control AndroMote Remote Control... here's a blurb from the Market for the app

Quote:
This application searches your WiFi network for Media Servers and Media Renderers that understand the UPnP (tm) protocol.
Create play lists on your mobile and let it play your music on your media player or your phone
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
How about this? https://market.android.com/details?i...2ViQWNjZXNzIl0.

We have a NAS that gives us Android apps for access -- thought yours might too. Will it work??
No local access
Sure would be nice if you could use this with local access and not just going through the buffalo website. I will not share my NAS into the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
What about AndroMote Remote Control AndroMote Remote Control... here's a blurb from the Market for the app
Excellent, It's working. Thanks for your help.
I can control my streaming device getting music and video from the media server!