Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Loss of styles from 0.5.3 to 0.6.2?

I upgraded to version 0.6.2 and now my epubs are wonky.

My workflow is this:
1) MS Word document saved as filtered html.
2) Edit in Kompozer (remove MS reference)
3) Load edited html into Sigil
4) Edit metadata, create TOC, export as epub

This has always worked fine in 0.5.3. Heading, paragraph, and etc. styles are as intended.

However, in 0.6.2, the defined styles are ignored.

ADE will not display the styles, but Kindle PC does and also Firefox epub reader.

What has changed between the versions to cause this problem?

I have downgraded to 0.5.3 until I can figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
I upgraded to version 0.6.2 and now my epubs are wonky.

My workflow is this:
1) MS Word document saved as filtered html.
2) Edit in Kompozer (remove MS reference)
3) Load edited html into Sigil
4) Edit metadata, create TOC, export as epub

This has always worked fine in 0.5.3. Heading, paragraph, and etc. styles are as intended.

However, in 0.6.2, the defined styles are ignored.

ADE will not display the styles, but Kindle PC does and also Firefox epub reader.

What has changed between the versions to cause this problem?

I have downgraded to 0.5.3 until I can figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You have an error in your stylesheet.
ADE is infamous for ignoring a whole stylesheet with an error.

Validate with W3C . common errors semi-colon instead of colon (or reverse), Missing or extra curly braces.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You have an error in your stylesheet.
ADE is infamous for ignoring a whole stylesheet with an error.

Validate with W3C . common errors semi-colon instead of colon (or reverse), Missing or extra curly braces.
Thanks for the reply!

I had already checked the style definitions using W3C and no errors were found.

The exact same .html file works in 0.5.3 (ADE, Kindle, etc) but does not work in 0.6.2.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I had already checked the style definitions using W3C and no errors were found.

The exact same .html file works in 0.5.3 (ADE, Kindle, etc) but does not work in 0.6.2.
check the case of the path in the 'Link' statement" ../Styles/blabla
not ../styles/blabla
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Check that the clean source setting is set to "Pretty Print" in Sigil's preferences on 0.6.2. If it's turned completely off, it may not "fix" certain garbage from a Word-exported html file that v0.5.3 will automatically (and silently) correct.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur

Thanks all!

I'll give these suggestions a try.