Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-26-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
JGM
JGM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre duplicated all my books.

Somehow I ended up with all my books being duplicated in another series.
All of my series' were removed and made into one.

Need help getting back to my original series setup.:help
JGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did it happen after a mass conversion - if not why have you posted in the Conversion subforum - if that was a mistake, let me know and I'll move the thread to a more suitable location.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:36 PM   #3
JGM

Yes, it seems to be a mistake in the category selected...not too familiar with how to use forums. My bad...
Also tried to add a png to my question but it did not appear.

The problem I ran into happened when I was sorting my various series. Not sure how I ended up with duplicates and at the same time lost the 'Authors' etc.

Also...I am on the Desktop version in Win10 and I don't see a way to add a basic png to my question.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
Yes, it seems to be a mistake in the category selected...not too familiar with how to use forums. My bad...
Also tried to add a png to my question but it did not appear.

The problem I ran into happened when I was sorting my various series. Not sure how I ended up with duplicates and at the same time lost the 'Authors' etc.

Also...I am on the Desktop version in Win10 and I don't see a way to add a basic png to my question.
You can't edit a post AS A NEW USER. That clears after a dozen posts.
Switch to advanced mode in the post editor, then use the paperclip icon to upload the ATTACHMENT
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:53 PM   #5
JGM

This png shows the duplicated books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-26 Series deleted.png
Views:	53
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	203972  
Old 09-26-2023, 07:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No, it shows a sub-series 'to be sorted' was assigned to 2K+ books
(you may have trashed your Series info ) The same number is because it applies to all series.

Look in Authors Normal?
Look at the normal book list view. (sort by title: click the title of the column to sort) do you have 2 lines with the same title?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:56 PM   #7
JGM

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:34 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
No worries - I'll move it to library management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at the normal book list view. (sort by title: click the title of the column to sort) do you have 2 lines with the same title?
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-26-2023 at 08:38 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote