Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #481
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Low Carb High Fat, I believe.
Thanks.

I just try to eat a little less of what I usually do.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #482
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Rather than change what I eat, I find that portion control is key to maintaining a desired weight. Plus - I count the pieces of snack food - if I absolutely have to have a snack - and limit myself to 5 Triscuits at a time for example.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #483
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Low Carb High Fat, I believe.
Correct.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #484
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks.

I just try to eat a little less of what I usually do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Rather than change what I eat, I find that portion control is key to maintaining a desired weight. Plus - I count the pieces of snack food - if I absolutely have to have a snack - and limit myself to 5 Triscuits at a time for example.
Oops, it was a "next page" I missed when answering..

@poohbear_nc:
I haven't stopped snacking. There's always bacon crisp, dark chocolate (70+ % cocoa), "beer cheese", "beer sausage", beef jerky and such. Albeit, I've restricted myself on "liquid bread" as beer is, to a bottle or two at weekends. Red wine and whiskey are my favourites anyway.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #485
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Eat more, little chicky. We likes biiiiiiiig chickens.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #486
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
every day I promise myself I shall not snack, I shall not, I will not open the fridge at midnight like a hungry gremlin, and I fail miserably. I cannot sleep with empty stomach. The next day I don't eat until 12.00 or 12.30.
I'm not overweight, I would only like to lose 3 kg (6 pounds?) but the beckoning of the fridge is too hard to resist. Or a cup of soup... hang on, I will be right back
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #487
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
every day I promise myself I shall not snack, I shall not, I will not open the fridge at midnight like a hungry gremlin, and I fail miserably. I cannot sleep with empty stomach. The next day I don't eat until 12.00 or 12.30.
I'm not overweight, I would only like to lose 3 kg (6 pounds?) but the beckoning of the fridge is too hard to resist. Or a cup of soup... hang on, I will be right back
The problem isn't necessarily midnight snacking, but total calorie intake.

However, it does sound like you're unhappy with your behaviour, and so changing it will probably be a good thing.

How about not waiting until you can't resist any more, but instead plan on having a snack before bed. But make it a small snack at midnight. And the next day at 11.45. And then at 11.30. And then at 11.15... etc.

And DO have breakfast. Unless you don't actually wake up until midday, of course. It doesn't have to be a large breakfast. A small bowl of cereal, or a slice of bread and topping of your choice.

(Not that I'm in any way qualified to give any sort of dieting advice. This is purely amateur hour.)
Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #488
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Thank you, pdurrant. Come to think of it my eating schedule is upside down. I do monitor what I eat (cookies, chocolate, alcohol very rarely only don't leave a juicy packet of salty or paprika crisps under my supervision) And I get up at 7 am every day. I was tempted to describe my day and eating habits but not that it is so interesting for general public.

One thing though, I heard you should stop eating when you're still craving for more and wait 10 minutes for the brain to actually process it. Yes, brain. And another thing if it ain't in the house it will not be eaten. Therefore I did stop buying those crisps. But this night (now 23.50 as I write) the fridge ritual has been performed. Gremlin is fed. Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara said "tomorrow is another day"...
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #489
jennb
jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.jennb shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Slow and steady wins with dieting. Don't beat yourself up, and make small subtle changes with your snacking. In the long run, you will be able to actually live with the smaller changes without depriving yourself.
jennb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #490
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Slow and steady wins with dieting. Don't beat yourself up, and make small subtle changes with your snacking. In the long run, you will be able to actually live with the smaller changes without depriving yourself.
An excellent Karma-worthy comment.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #491
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
good idea! But I am still fat!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #492
michaelryannh
Connoisseur
michaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
good idea! But I am still fat!
The first problem, is telling yourself, along with convincing yourself, that you are fat.

Everyone is beautiful, especially you, especially me. Exterior appearance is only a disguise locking away the inner beauty inside every single living being.

If you are comfortable with your body, others will be. If you are not comfortable with your body, others may not be.

I have no knowledge of what you look like at all. Yet, anyone can be beautiful.

My body shape is not up to par with what the teenage magazines say on the shelf I should be. I am not a muscled out hot rod, I am not an obese person. I am not tall, tan, and handsome.

But I am completely comfortable with my body, exterior and interior, and in being so; I have noticed other people are comfortable with me too.

The first step is to believe in yourself!
michaelryannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #493
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Oh I believe in myself and I AM Georgeous! But I am not comfortable because my bra is too tight.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #494
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelryannh View Post
The first problem, is telling yourself, along with convincing yourself, that you are fat.

Everyone is beautiful, especially you, especially me. Exterior appearance is only a disguise locking away the inner beauty inside every single living being.

If you are comfortable with your body, others will be. If you are not comfortable with your body, others may not be.

I have no knowledge of what you look like at all. Yet, anyone can be beautiful.

My body shape is not up to par with what the teenage magazines say on the shelf I should be. I am not a muscled out hot rod, I am not an obese person. I am not tall, tan, and handsome.

But I am completely comfortable with my body, exterior and interior, and in being so; I have noticed other people are comfortable with me too.

The first step is to believe in yourself!
Like whistling in the dark
The first step is to empty the fridge, the pantry and the cellar directly in the garbage can.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #495
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Like whistling in the dark
The first step is to empty the fridge, the pantry and the cellar directly in the garbage can.
When you're done, can I come sniff your garbage can, please?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote