Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Hylke
Hylke began at the beginning.

Device: none
Should I buy a BeBook?

I have been researching ereaders quite a lot. At first I thought I'd but the Sony PRS-600 but after reading some negative comments on the glare I've decided not to.
I am probably going to buy a BeBook Neo/Onyx, but my question is, is this a good choice or is there a better one for my needs?

My wishes:

- 6 Inch screen
- E-ink
- Decent battery life
- €400,- maximum but the cheaper the better
- Touch screen not required but would be a nice addition
- A GOOD READING EXPERIENCE!!! This is the most important. No glare, decent contrast.
- No real need for anything else (3g, text to speech, colour, browser, dictionary etc.)

I mainly read non-fiction and free books (the kind of books you can get from Gutenberg).

Thoughts?

Last edited by Hylke; 04-22-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Hylke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have numerous devices, as you see from my profile on the left. I regard the Neo as the best all-round device currently available. It's the one that I use every day.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
divineAngel
divineAngel began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
i second that, bebook neo is awesome. Has support for different formats, including CHM which is awesome to read technical books for.
divineAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If you have no need for anything else, unless you want to read technical PDF's, you may like to switch your idea. A 5 inch reader of the top tier, like a Cybook Opus or a Pocketbook 360, can do a nice job and they're sensibly below your established price.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're absolutely right - both the Opus and the Pocketbook 360 are excellent machines, and very well worth considering (I have both). For me personally, the additional cost of the Neo was well worthwhile, but for another person it may not be.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bebook, onyx