Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Chris2k
Chris2k began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-600
lit to epub problem

Hello,
just got Calibre and find it really helpful !
I had no problems in converting my .lit books into epub files, until I got to that last one file...
When I convert it, I get a epub file, which contains only the cover as a single page.
Tried doing it again, but the result is always the same
Can you give me an advice pls ?
Thanks in advance.
Chris2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum.

There may be a problem with the HTML inside your LIT.

Try running a LIT to EPUB conversion with [Convert] - [Debug] on. You will specify a directory to catch Calibre's intermediate conversion files. Ignore the EPUB output.

If you look in the Input sub-directory you should find the HTML that Calibre extracted from your LIT. Open this in your Browser and/or a text-editor to see whether the rest of the book text is present. Try and track down where the problem might be in the HTML.

Once you've corrected the HTML you can re-import the HTML into Calibre (which will zip it up with any attached images). You can then do a "proper" ZIP to EPUB conversion.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I recently had a similar problem with a PRC to EPUB conversion. The HTML had some FF chars (Formfeed???) in there, at the point where the truncated EPUB ended. Once I got rid of them, everything was OK.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
I also am having issues with conversions. I tried lit->epub and it spat out this error:-
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 65, in join if b.startswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
When I tried to do a header removal, then converted it to html via amber abclit, and still get the same error.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@hairybiker,

I believe ConvertLit (which is also free) has a better reputation for converting LIT to HTML than amber abclit. I'm not saying it will solve your problem but it's something else you can try. Googling ConvertLit will point you in the right direction.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
It was a bad lit file, I replaced it with a pdb and the errors went away.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
Chris2k
Chris2k began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-600
Thanks for your prompt replies !
I did something else...I had a .pdf of the same file and made an .epub file starting from that one instead of the .lit file.
Chris2k is offline   Reply With Quote