Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #166
Constant Reader
Constant Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I now have Stephen King greeting me every time I pull back my amazon cover!
Constant Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #167
Constant Reader
Constant Reader began at the beginning.

Thought I'd add pictures of my screen savers...

Constant Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #168
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I won't post all of my new screensavers but this is one of my favorites:

sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #169
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I use the same picture of King as a book cover for a bibliography "book" of his works I created on my Kindle
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #170
girlzilla
Lizard in a Tutu
girlzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, MSI Wind
I think Amazon is not allowing custom screensavers because of all the naked ladies that might show up and degrade their image. For those that have never seen a Kindle, there's still this 'shock and awe' and that might turn to 'shock and horror'. Oh the horror of naked ladies!
girlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #171
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

I'm having an odd problem with my screensavers; I applied the 0.4 screensaver hack, then replaced the stock screen savers with a set of new images. Recently, I added additional images to the screen_saver directory, but my Kindle appears to be unwilling to recognize them, despite having performed several resets on the device. Is there a limit to how many images can be in the screensaver program's "loop"?
srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #172
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't recognize new images until you restart your Kindle.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #173
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Reader View Post
Thought I'd add pictures of my screen savers...
After shuffling things around, I've got a pile of images on my Kindle for the power-off loader to cycle through; of them, the one that I think best matches the feel of the non-author images in the standard screensaver set is this one:

Although this one is funnier to have displayed when it comes up:

srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #174
sirbruce
Provocateur

Does anyone know the font that the Kindle 2 uses in it's "author" screensavers?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #175
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Does anyone know the font that the Kindle 2 uses in it's "author" screensavers?
Yeah, it's Linotype's PMN Caecillia, the Kindle's serif font.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #176
sirbruce
Provocateur

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #177
sirbruce
Provocateur

According to Patrizia over on the Amazon Kindle boards, version 0.2 of the screensaver did not block her "update" of 2.0.3. And after the 2.0.3 update, her screensaver hack still works. People with 0.4 though seem to be blocking the 2.0.3 update. Is it just because of the firmware string?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #178
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
According to Patrizia over on the Amazon Kindle boards, version 0.2 of the screensaver did not block her "update" of 2.0.3. And after the 2.0.3 update, her screensaver hack still works. People with 0.4 though seem to be blocking the 2.0.3 update. Is it just because of the firmware string?
Yeah I saw that also sirbruce. I still have the 0.3 hack and my first question is where is the 0.4 hack? Second, I had to remove the custom screen saver, do the update and then re-install as you have posted on the boards. I wonder how it is that she was able to get the update automatically without removing the custom screen savers. Interesting.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #179
Sidnicious
Sidnicious began at the beginning.

You're all awesome (especially clarknova, in this case) for getting started on the K2 hackin'.

If anyone's feeling a little meta, I whipped this up for ya.

I didn't spend too much time on the image itself, but now have a pixel-perfect template in Photoshop for replicating the stock screen saver look. If anyone wants an image Kindlefied (I'm not going to attempt to replicate the etching effect) or if you want the PSD, drop me a PM. Caecilia LT Std (the font) is required.

Sidnicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #180
sirbruce
Provocateur

Here's a new one I started using Monday (JSWolf had the same idea):