Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
cbalmforth
cbalmforth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Compiling Calibre on ARM processor

Hi,

I've been a big fan of Calibre for over a year now, using it both on my Linux box and Macbook Pro with great success. I now want to install calibre-server on my DreamPlug server, which uses an ARM processor and is running Debian Squeeze.

I first downloaded v0.7.7 from the Debian repository but when I run calibre-server I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibre-server", line 18, in <module>
from calibre.library.server.main import main
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/main.py", line 12, in <module>
from calibre.library.server.base import LibraryServer
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/base.py", line 23, in <module>
from calibre.library.server.opds import OPDSServer
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/opds.py", line 15, in <module>
import routes
ImportError: No module named routes

Then I tried compiling Calibre v0.8.33 from source. I made sure I had all the dependancies installed, but when I run "python setup.py install" I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
import setup.commands as commands
File "/opt/calibre/setup/commands.py", line 34, in <module>
from setup.extensions import Build, BuildPDF2XML
File "/opt/calibre/setup/extensions.py", line 12, in <module>
from PyQt4.pyqtconfig import QtGuiModuleMakefile
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.pyqtconfig

I've looked on this site and Googled widely but can't find a solution. Can anybody help me please?

Chris
cbalmforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

This thread might point you in the right direction or at least give you some folks to ask about this topic.

Since this thread is not about the development of calibre I question if it should be in this forum, but I'll let a developer make that call.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
cbalmforth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Welcome to Mobileread.

This thread might point you in the right direction or at least give you some folks to ask about this topic.

Since this thread is not about the development of calibre I question if it should be in this forum, but I'll let a developer make that call.

Good Reading.
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I will re-post in the main Calibre forum.

Incidentally I had read that thread but it didn't hold the answer. I will however ask the person who got it working on an ARM processor for help.

Chris

Last edited by cbalmforth; 01-01-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalmforth View Post
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I will re-post in the main Calibre forum.
Reposting wasn't required. If someone here thought this would be better in another forum they would move it for you. Usually I move things to keep the Development forum free of none development topics, but I wasn't sure so left it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalmforth View Post
Incidentally I had read that thread but it didn't hold the answer. I will however ask the person who got it working on an ARM processor for help.
If you post in the other thread the other folks who posted in that thread are most likely still subscribed to that thread and would get pinged with an email that a new post is in the thread.

Good Luck.

Moderator Notice
Moved thread out of Development forum

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-01-2012 at 10:50 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Are you sure that you have PyQt4 installed (make sure that the /site-packages/ directory is included in PATH too)?

If you are trying to pull in the dependencies via easy_install, you might run into issues with binaries not being build for arm, and installing via the debian repos... well debian repos are horrible
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
You may refer to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151064

I install calibre on my Nook Touch in the Debian chroot. You can do something similar on your device. The debian OS in your device may not have all dependencies required for Calibre so I recommend you install the Debian chroot on your Debian OS.

Last edited by aruangra; 01-05-2012 at 01:29 AM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
cbalmforth

Solved! Calibre server on Marvell Dreamplug

I upgraded my version of Debian on the Dreamplug to Wheezy with kernel 3.0.4. Now apt-get install calibre installed v0.8.31 which is fine for me. Calibre-server works fine.