Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Bug - new posts being truncated

Here is a place to gather symptom reports.

Sometimes when I save a post the text I have written appears incomplete.

Workaround:
1/ Hit the back button.
2/ Copy your raw text from the editor text box.
3/ Return to the thread and edit your post, pasting in the missing text.

Maybe you can do the "copy" before you save your post "just in case".

Let us know your configuration. Some are using Firefox. Some are using IE7. What OS are you using? What is your machine configuration? What is your ISP speed and type?

If we get enough reports, maybe we can diagnose the problem.

Mine: Firefox, XPSP2, 2Ghz AMD, 768M Ram, Chinese ISP @~200K ADSL, MB Editor type now changed from Extended to Standard. No new incidents.

Last edited by mogui; 06-09-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: update
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
No problem on my posts that I have noticed or had pointed out to me. I have experienced a number of blank pages that require me to hit back and then click again.

Config: Firefox, WinXP, 15,000 kbps, Verizon FiOS (telephone company fiber optic interface), CPU is an Intel 3G D (dual)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I haven't had any truncated posts since the first day or two after the migration, I did have one that gave me a fit very early on, though

I've had the blank page thing off and on, but a refresh pulls them up for me.

FireFox 2.0.0.4, winXP pro, SP2, and the CPU is a dual core Pentium 2.8 GHz
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I've had the blank page thing off and on, but a refresh pulls them up for me.
Thank blank page thing was freaking me out. Fortunately, no more blank screens. See here...

Regarding mogui's described problem. So far it's an isolated event and I am working with mogui to find a solution, but should anyone else encounter a similar problem, please reply here!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Incomplete post problem

Alex suggested I try using the Standard Editor instead of the Enhanced one. It seemed to help. Yesterday when the Image Link icon disappeared from the editors, I switched back to Enhanced to try to find it. This morning I just couldn't post at all. It would insert my quote, but nothing beyond that. I switched back to Standard and everything worked again.

Can anyone confirm this?
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert