Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad

I haven't even begun this month's book yet. Maybe this coming weekend I can scratch out a few hours, but I doubt it. We will be camping and "relaxing," which means I'll probably be typing this from a trauma unit next week. We play hard on the weekends. I'm hoping not to fall out that RV and break my neck, or fall over the waterfalls, or stumble on a rickety footpath, or get stung by killer bees.

Here at work, they like to say that I do all of my own stunts.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm hoping not to fall out that RV and break my neck, or fall over the waterfalls, or stumble on a rickety footpath, or get stung by killer bees.
gee... don't even joke about that. An acquaintance of mine (a fellow FoxPro developer) and his son fell to their death on a vacation. Although it was not ruled an accident: http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...bnews/br83.txt most of us that "knew" them can't believe the findings are true.

Sorry for the morbid

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-17-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
gee... don't even joke about that. An acquaintance of mine (a fellow FoxPro developer) and his son fell to their death on a vacation. Although it was not ruled an accident: http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...bnews/br83.txt most of us that "knew" them can't believe the findings are true.

Sorry for the morbid

BOb
How awful! I'm stunned, can't believe it. How awful for their friends and family to be told that ruling!

But yes, we get hurt quite often (OK, usually) on our adventures. Worst so far was me falling down a marble staircase in Tarifa, Spain, and breaking my head. Crushed jaw, multiple broken gum bones with teeth still attached, broken eye orbit, broken nose, multiple fractures on that side of my face. Nearly 2 yrs ago, and I'm still having problems. But it hasn't really slowed us down very much.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Worst so far was me falling down a marble staircase in Tarifa, Spain, and breaking my head. Crushed jaw, multiple broken gum bones with teeth still attached, broken eye orbit, broken nose, multiple fractures on that side of my face. Nearly 2 yrs ago, and I'm still having problems. But it hasn't really slowed us down very much.
All I can say is OUCH! Be careful out there.

BOb
Old 03-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #20
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I by Tracy Falbe username? ... (where can this book be acquired?)
Tracy Falbe's book is available here on MobileRead: Mobipocket is here and the Sony LRF version is here.

There is also an epub version at Feedbooks.

Tracy's username on MobileRead is Falbe Publishing.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 03-17-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #21
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Is that a third nomination for Union of Renegades, Moe?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure! I third Union Of Renegades!

Can you add the links to your first post, Fledchen?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Falbe Publishing is the name used on MR by Tracy Falbe.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #24
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Can you add the links to your first post, Fledchen?
Thanks, Fledchen! Now, who's going to give a third nomination to Hal Spacejock?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

The Feedbooks link for Union of Renegades and the Baen Free Library link for Neptune Crossing now lead directly to the download page for the book. I'm not adding any links for books that are in the MobileRead library because each format has its own page.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #26
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I know we've just read a Richard Herley, but his Tide Mill looks interesting:
I'll second Tide Mill by Richard Herley. I hope it doesn't give Richard a swelled head to be nominated twice in three months.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 03-17-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #27
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I'll happily second both Tide Mill and Hal Spacejock.

Xenophon
Old 03-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I'm flattered to be included on your book club nominations list. Thanks.

Union of Renegades is here at Mobileread, plus feedbooks, manybooks, Smashwords, and of course www.braveluck.com
Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #29
ChaosInc
Enthusiast
ChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: iPaq 3800 series
I nominate Neptune Crossing,

"When survey pilot John Bandicut falls into a cavern on Triton, his life changes forever... For the alien quarx, one hundred million years of solitude suddenly, comes to an end.

The quarx, of an eons-old interstellar civilization, uses advanced chaos theory to predict events, cannot by itself prevent the comet colliding with Earth. John Bandicut must help this disembodied alien, knowing that humanity's existence rides on the result. He has to break the rules and sacrifice everything, all he has ever known or loved to prevent a cataclysm that no human can possibly detect.

In a stolen ship, Bandicut can only hope to save the Earth. Even if he doesn't live to see it again..."
Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #30
Fledchen
Guru

Just a day and a half to go until nominations close!
Current books with 3 or more nominations are:

Berserker by Steven Jordan
Neptune Crossing by Jeffrey Carver
Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I by Tracy Falbe
Hal Spacejock by Simon Haynes
Tide Mill by Richard Herley

At this time there are no books with just 1 or 2 nominations.
Closed Thread

Tags
mrbc