Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Article from gdgt newsletter - "Too Many Tablets"

Just got this in the gdgt newsletter. It's long, so I won't repost here, but it could lead to a thoughtful discussion on tablets, the recent flood of them at CES, and what that means for consumers (driving costs down, pushing high end models out of the market). The first couple of comments are already pretty good.

If you're interested, it can be found here:
http://gdgt.com/discuss/too-many-tab...r-tablets-byv/

That reminds me, I haven't updated my gdgt page since I actually received the edge, and haven't looked to see what's being said about it there. Think I'll do that now.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I think as a form factor they're here to stay. More and more we the information we need is in electronic form, and accessing it via a tablet is convenient. A phone is simply too small (even the "big" 4" ones) and a laptop/netbook too heavy and awkard. A tablet is in essence a laptop/netbook without the keyboard of course. The eDGe is unique in having two screens and being slightly heavier, but the fact that you can hold it like a book, and configure it in various positions, makes it easy to hold (like a book). Imitators have been slow to copy, although CES showed some ambivalent attempts at it.

Advert