Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Book Designer - How to save a project?

Perhaps one of the BD experts out there can answer a question for me.

I have a project that I want to work on long-term in BD, while using the program for other things in between. I don't want to have to keep loading the RTF original, because BD isn't perfect at guessing the "Styles" and I don't want to have to keep going through the file and resetting everything.

I notice that, when I do a "Save As..." from BD it saves the file as HTML, but all the images on the file are stored as PNG files in the BD "LastFile" directory which (I'm guessing?) they would be deleted if I opened another book.

Is there any way that I can make BD save its own file format, complete with all the images, etc, in one of my folders so that I can reopen that file at a later date to do additional work on the book?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I've been saving as htm like you say and then not adding the images until I'm just about to create the book. This has been working ok for me.

However, on seeing your post I was hit with a flash of inspiration. I'm about to check it out but I figure it must be possible to save in at least one book format that supports images that BD can later read.

I'll test it and see what happens.

EDIT::- FB2 seems to work at least for the first book I tried which only has 2 images in it.

Last edited by ultim8fury; 03-24-2007 at 03:06 PM.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

You can copy all files from the Last File folder into another one and back when you want to continue edit this book.

Last edited by vvaann; 03-24-2007 at 04:53 PM.
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Perhaps one of the BD experts out there can answer a question for me.

I have a project that I want to work on long-term in BD, while using the program for other things in between. I don't want to have to keep loading the RTF original, because BD isn't perfect at guessing the "Styles" and I don't want to have to keep going through the file and resetting everything.

I notice that, when I do a "Save As..." from BD it saves the file as HTML, but all the images on the file are stored as PNG files in the BD "LastFile" directory which (I'm guessing?) they would be deleted if I opened another book.

Is there any way that I can make BD save its own file format, complete with all the images, etc, in one of my folders so that I can reopen that file at a later date to do additional work on the book?
Maybe I can help, would be nice after you helped me. I noticed when playing with it under the *ebook tab*........ after you have set all the fonts and sizes and whatever it is you want your project to look like, at the bottom in the middle it says *settings* then Load/save/default......... Now I have saved some of my different font settings there so that when I want that whole setup, or say after you get the whole thing setup as you want it, click save........ name it, save it....... when you need to come back to it, you click load and find the file and all the settings appear....... Is that what you need Harry?
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks all - some very useful suggestions there! I'll try various things and see what works best.
Advert
Old 03-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Make eBooks -> BookDesigner (html0) -> make BD file. The currently loaded book will be saved in BD format. The pictures are embedded to html0 files. Also some user information (as a book title, book author, lang, genre, etc) is included.
The html0-files can be saved with or without compression ("compress file" checkbox). The output filename will be authomatically adjusted in such a way that allows it to be as informative as possible (something like "book author+book serie+book title").

The default path for the books in BD format is "bd" subdirectory of the main BD path. If you want to set your own - Settings -> set path -> click on BookDesigner (html0) and choose a new one in "e-book path" field.

html0 files can be loaded to BD by the double-click on a file.

Also there is a tool (Tools -> Book Organizer) allowing to sort html0 files by genres.

P.S. Saving of the loaded book in hml0 format is the only way to keep it exactly as you see it in BD window while the converting to any another format always assumes some changes. Dependng on the output format, these changes may be smaller or bigger, but they always take place.

Last edited by vvv; 03-27-2007 at 04:54 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks, vvv - that's great!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #8
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
brilliant. Thanks
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote