Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Trook rev53 is not working properly with Calibre

I just discovered, that my Trook application is not working with Calibre anymore.

If I enter the ip adress I can see the folder like By Title, By Newest etc. But if I tap on a folder and want to see it's content, Trook says fetching and that's it.

Sometimes I get kicked out and am back in the NookLauncher menu, sometimes it just stays like this. No matter which folder I tap on, I can never see it's content.

Any idea, why that happens now? I have the newest Calibre version on my Mac 0.6.45 an I guess the newest Trook version. I already exited Trook and started it new, but no improvement.

Actualy I cannot fetch anything. I cannot reach the Nookdev folder or a RSS folder. My wifi connection is great. I can surf through the B&N store or update the daily. I just cannot do anything in Trook. Already rebooted the Nook, but still the same.

Last edited by mos; 03-13-2010 at 01:57 PM.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
hi,
trook rev 53 has a use 3G option in settings. Make sure that is not checked.
I have rev 53 and works fine with calibre and I can access other feeds too.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

The 3G is not checked. I get after a long while an error message saying Time out. No idea, why it is not working anymore.

The web brouwser is working, shop and daily is working etc. But Trook is not working correctly anymore. Very strange.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Where is the 3G option, please?

trook rev 53 has a use 3G option in settings. Make sure that is not checked.
I have rev 53 and works fine with calibre and I can access other feeds too.

Would you please tell me where to find the 3G option in settings? In the main settings section, or is it under the Trook tab? I'm having trouble with Calibre also but I don't see an option.

I DO have the trook rev 53.

Thanks,
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Try reinstalling it maybe something is corrupted.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi mos....it works fine with me via either wifi and 3g (my local sim). Try re-install Trook again.

Last edited by bthoven; 03-14-2010 at 03:30 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
mos
Addict

Still not working. I get a little error message in my touchscreen saying Could not fetch ip........ Socket exception: No Route To Host
Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
[B][I]

Would you please tell me where to find the 3G option in settings? In the main settings section, or is it under the Trook tab? I'm having trouble with Calibre also but I don't see an option.

I DO have the trook rev 53.

Thanks,
There is an icon looking like a gear on top right of the LCD, press that you'll see several options, one of which is 3g choice.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #9
bthoven
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
Still not working. I get a little error message in my touchscreen saying Could not fetch ip........ Socket exception: No Route To Host
Did you try fetching some other rss feeds successfully?

For Calibre connection, did you try refreshing (two arrows pointing in circle) after you choose your Calibre connection in Trook?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
mos
Addict

Yes, fetching Rss Feeds works as far as I can see.

But fetching Calibre files still does not work. NO Route To Host is the message I get. Refreshing does not help either.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I don't have a nook but "No route to host" generally means there is nothing listening on the port you are trying to connect to or that the port is blocked from being connected to. Are you able to try connecting to the calibre web server by some other means(ie another PC on your network maybe) to make sure it is in fact up and running and on the correct port.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #12
mos
Addict

Yes, when I test the connection I'm connected. So that works. But the rest is still not working.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #13
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
Make sure your system running calibre doesn't have a firewall, and make sure that it does have a default gateway set.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote