Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #976
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
It's strange, i freed some space now i've 20 GB and it's a 6 GB RAM computer, and still it's unable to unpack. I've python 2.7.3, so i updated to 2.7.8, and still fails (Win7 64 bits). I'll try other day with other computer.

And the other thing, it's normal the definition it's not included in the <idx:entry> tag in some dictionaries.
Question, are you using 32-bit Python or 64-bit Python? if it's 32-bit, give the 64-bot version a try. Could be the 32-bit Python is hitting a memory wall.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #977
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Yes I have a 32 gig of main memory with a 64 bit kernel on my main machine and so rarely see any problems memorywise. But from the looks of it, it seems to be an out of memory error.

Kevin

Quote:
It's strange, i tried command line, i was using gui version kindleunpack.pyw, but still gives error. this is the error in the command line

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\pru\lib\kindleunpack.py", line 936, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "E:\pru\lib\kindleunpack.py", line 925, in main
    unpackBook(infile, outdir, apnxfile, epubver, use_hd)
  File "E:\pru\lib\kindleunpack.py", line 840, in unpackBook
    process_all_mobi_headers(files, apnxfile, sect, mhlst, K8Boundary, False, epubver, use_hd)
  File "E:\pru\lib\kindleunpack.py", line 763, in process_all_mobi_headers
    processMobi7(mh, metadata, sect, files, imgnames)
  File "E:\pru\lib\kindleunpack.py", line 583, in processMobi7
    srctext, usedmap = proc.insertHREFS()
  File "E:\pru\lib\mobi_html.py", line 101, in insertHREFS
    srctext = srctext[0:12]+'<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset='+metadata.get('Codec')[0]+'" />'+srctext[12:]
MemoryError
Perhaps it needs a 8 GB computer, tomorrow i'll try with other computer with 8 GB.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #978
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
It's strange, i freed some space now i've 20 GB and it's a 6 GB RAM computer, and still it's unable to unpack. I've python 2.7.3, so i updated to 2.7.8, and still fails (Win7 64 bits). I'll try other day with other computer.
I've successfully unpacked elchamaco's dictionary on my 64-bit Windows 8 machine which has moderate specs (2.60 GHz Celeron, 4GB RAM) using the 64-bit ActivePython 2.7.2.5 version.

This might be a Windows 7 or Python issue.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-11-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #979
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
It's python, i've 32 bit version with 64 works fine.

Althought with python 64 bit gui it's not working,

Last edited by elchamaco; 09-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #980
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi ,
The 64 bit version you used probably does not include the normal tkinter gui components. I strongly recommend using ActiveState's ActivePython 2.7.x 64 bit version as it includes all of normal libraries, components, and gui widgets normally included on Linux and MacOS X. The community edition is free.

python.org versions often do not include everything needed without optional installs, and does not properly update the Windows path.

Quote:
It's python, i've 32 bit version with 64 works fine.

Althought with python 64 bit gui it's not working,
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #981
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Announcing KindleUnpack_v075

Attached is a combined bug fix and new feature release for KindleUnpack_v075:

The changes include all tkeo's changes/fixes from his version 0.73a, and 0.73b:

- added some support for epub3 "refines" metadata

- fix for incorrectly hard coded language codes in the ncx and nav documents

- limited support for forcing epub version output to be version 2.0 as
an option

- support for using refines to set opf: attributes in epub 2 metadata

All of the above is thanks to tkeo!

Other changes include:

- fix from poxalew to convert the Watermark metadata to be reported as hex

- greatly improved dictionary support to better handle full unicode ORTH
tables and to support dictionaries with multiple inflection sections
(special thanks to Doitsu for testing and reporting back)

- minor opf bug fixes to force opf item tag to be self-closing

- fixes to better handle unpacking of older mobis, especially for guide
elements and the opf

As usual, please test this version and report back any issues or problems here.

Thanks,

Your KindleUnpack Developer Team
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleUnpack_v075.zip (93.9 KB, 215 views)
Old 09-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #982
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now all we need is the Calibre plugin to be updated.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #983
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Now all we need is the Calibre plugin to be updated.
My god, it's been half an hour. You might at least give me a day or two.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #984
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Diap, mon sweetie: you know m'Lord de Wolfie--you should have seen that one coming!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #985
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Diap, mon sweetie: you know m'Lord de Wolfie--you should have seen that one coming!
I know, I know, but man ... doesn't the Wolf ever just abide?
Old 09-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #986
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Only the Dude abides.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #987
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Only the Dude abides.
MWAHAHAHAHA.

No. THAT dude--our very own Lord de Wolfie, Resident Curmudgeon--never abides. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #988
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I never said do it now.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #989
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I never said do it now.
If you didn't want it now, you wouldn't said anything. You would have quietly waited a respectable amount of time (and then maybe mentioned something in the thread specifically for the plugin).

I don't need a nudge that the KindleUnpack plugin needs updated whenever the KindleUnpack code get's updated. I'm the maintainer of the former and a contributor to the latter. I'm in the loop. If and when I think there's been an important enough change to warrant updating the plugin, I'll do so. All by my big self.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #990
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
If you didn't want it now, you wouldn't said anything. You would have quietly waited a respectable amount of time (and then maybe mentioned something in the thread specifically for the plugin).

I don't need a nudge that the KindleUnpack plugin needs updated whenever the KindleUnpack code get's updated. I'm the maintainer of the former and a contributor to the latter. I'm in the loop. If and when I think there's been an important enough change to warrant updating the plugin, I'll do so. All by my big self.
I didn't mean to sound like I was pushing. If I really meant to push, I'd have done so in the plugin thread. Anyway, I'll be happy to get the plugin when it's ready.

Thank you to everyone who helped contribute.