Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
Mikemk
Mikemk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2011 & KT 2017
I didn't but it. My 80 year old grandpa gave it to. He had bought it from a "friend" from work for $200 and decided he didn't like it. No clue where this guy got it from or how long ago that was.
By folder support, I mean organizing books into folders. As in, an inheritance series folder, a this-or-that folder, a star trek folder containing an original series folder and a next generation folder, etc.
Mikemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #17
Mikemk

It's not a paperwhite, it doesn't have lights. I assumed it's a kindle touch based on http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2014...-kindle-model/
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemk View Post
It's not a paperwhite, it doesn't have lights. I assumed it's a kindle touch based on http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2014...-kindle-model/
Please change your device info.
You do have a K5.
Now can I guess it is from the UK?

Here is our list.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Hun,
I would not call that guy a "friend".
Especially if this is a US kindle.

And I think you mean collections?

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-20-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or if you are visiting the US from the UK, how are you liking the heat?
Old 08-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #20
Mikemk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please change your device info.
You do have a K5.
I marked that I had a K5, what do I need to change?

Quote:
Now can I guess it is from the UK?
Can't say for certain, but doubt it. Why do you think it is?

Quote:
Hun,
I would not call that guy a "friend".
Especially if this is a US kindle.
My grandpa it's a professional gambler in vegas. People take advantage of him when they can.

Quote:
And I think you mean collections?
Probably so.
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I was trying to determine where you were from.
And look under your avatar, your device says you have a Paperwhite 3.

Oh and the touches retail new for $99.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I just found your menu though now I am really confused.
Your serial number says you have a k5, yet your menu is for a k4.
The k4 had no cover view.
Makes me wonder what happened to your kindle before you got it.
Oh is it registered at Amazon?
Old 08-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The case described is also a K5.
I would say it is time to run Kubrick on it so you can start over with a full K5 system image.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #24
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
You need to update your kindle to at least 5.3.2.1 to have The cover view option.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you are on firmware 5.1.1, well, that is one of the really early Kindle Touch firmwares. Like, really early.
Like, the Kindle Touch version of the Kindle 4 Non-Touch interface, which once again, is just embarrassingly early and has been completely revamped in a major, major way.

There is nothing wrong with it (or at least, no reason for us to think so), except for the fact that it hasn't been updated since it was originally built.

Please update it following the instructions here: http://amzn.com/kindlesoftwareupdates/touch
You will then have the menu settings that we expected to see, which means you will have the Cover View setting you want.

There is no need to use Kubrick as knc1 suggested, since that would just get you the same version that you currently have (although it is useful for fixing damaged firmware, which again, we have no indication that that is the case). Or, technically, the minor patch version immediately after your current firmware, which is basically the same.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote