Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
javara
javara began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop Asus X50RL
Thumbs up Sigil E-book

Hallo,

I made my Ebook in Sigil with a bookcover (See attached Photo).

When I open my Ebook in Calibre I start on the first page with a blanco page on my device. On the second page start my book.

How can I put a Photo on the first page, so the reader can see the picture of my book.

Hope anybody can solve my problem.

Kind regards,

Javara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dagboek voorblad.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	119442  
javara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You first need to pay attention to where you post. You posted in the General Discussion thread, which states:

General discussions about e-book reading not specific to a device, software or format.

Your thread has now been moved to the appropriate forum.

Please take the time now to read our posting guidelines, located at the bottom of every page.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
1) Add the Image to the book if not there already.
File: Add existing: (select the qualified image file)

2) Tools: Add cover: (select the image from the list)

3) Save the book

We are assuming that cover text is part of the image.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Note that if you upload an epub with an included cover to Kindle Direct Publishing for sale on Amazon.com, you run the risk of having two covers in the published book.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@javara:
When you start Sigil, it opens with an empty page named 'Section 0001.xhtml'. If you don't want to use this file for the cover of your book, you must delete it in the Book Browser at the left or the empty page will be part of your book.

George
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert