Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Justification

On the back of the box that my T1 came in, there is a photo of a T1 displaying text that is both left and right-justified. When I load an epub on the T1, it is left justified only (extra spaces are not inserted between words to align the right side). I can't find a setting to adjust this either in the manual or looking through the menus. The same epub on my kindle is justified on both sides.

Is there such a setting? I'm using Amasis font. Am I using the correct term to describe this?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
On the back of the box that my T1 came in, there is a photo of a T1 displaying text that is both left and right-justified. When I load an epub on the T1, it is left justified only (extra spaces are not inserted between words to align the right side). I can't find a setting to adjust this either in the manual or looking through the menus. The same epub on my kindle is justified on both sides.

Is there such a setting? I'm using Amasis font. Am I using the correct term to describe this?
This is an attribute inside the CSS(s) and/or xhtml styles specifications of each ebook... (attribute text-align: justify; ), not a Reader setting. I know it works because I modified some ebooks for that. Perhaps the Kindle is forcing this attribute value.

Last edited by seabee; 12-14-2011 at 09:37 AM.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok thanks. I tried a different epub and it is right-justified on the Sony. The margin spacing is completely different than the first book too. I didn't realize that the reader would not override the epub settings with user preferences set on the device. The kindle makes each epub (after being converted to mobi) look identical.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Ok thanks. I tried a different epub and it is right-justified on the Sony. The margin spacing is completely different than the first book too. I didn't realize that the reader would not override the epub settings with user preferences set on the device. The kindle makes each epub (after being converted to mobi) look identical.
If you're converting to epub using Calibre you can make sure all your epubs are fully justified by setting your Calibre Prefs - Common Options - Look&Feel - Text justification to 'Justify text'
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard

Thank you to you both! That worked wonderfully.
Advert