Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
[Kindle Touch] LocalStorage manipulation

Hi!

I am currently working on a flashcard learning system for the Kindle Touch using the html5 capabilities of WAF. Actually everything is working, however, I would like to know how I can easily change the data (without the actual WAF-application) in "file__0.localstorage" and especially HOW TO INCREASE ITS FILE-SIZE-LIMIT!!!
It seems that the file cannot fill more than 254 entries or has a size limit of 31 kb.
Also I would like to know if there is a possibility of having several file__*.localstorage and how to choose between them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe these questions are general html5 ones and therefore should not be asked here, but in other browsers my program works and you will profit from my program in the near future!
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomtom View Post
Hi!

I am currently working on a flashcard learning system for the Kindle Touch using the html5 capabilities of WAF. Actually everything is working, however, I would like to know how I can easily change the data (without the actual WAF-application) in "file__0.localstorage" and especially HOW TO INCREASE ITS FILE-SIZE-LIMIT!!!
It seems that the file cannot fill more than 254 entries or has a size limit of 31 kb.
Also I would like to know if there is a possibility of having several file__*.localstorage and how to choose between them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe these questions are general html5 ones and therefore should not be asked here, but in other browsers my program works and you will profit from my program in the near future!
If this is a design limitation (the program uses an 8-bit entry index), you need to modify the system code that imposes this limit to allow a larger index. Of course, that is assuming that it is not your own code imposing this "8-bit index" limitation...

Perhaps you can break your data up into "pages" of 254 entries, each using a different database, and swap in the page that you need (i.e. "demand paging" or "memory banking")?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flashcard, html5, learning, localstorage, vocabulary