Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Polydwarf
Enthusiast
Polydwarf began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7, Cybook Opus
Page Change Speed - PDF vs <insert format>

I got a 6" EZ Reader a while back because it was on a big sale, but ended up taking it back due to being slow (to me) on changing pages. I was using it to read PDF files (non-technical). Consequently, the e-ink screen flash seemed to annoy more than when I've played with a kindle, I think because I was already annoyed at waiting for the page change.

I've since discovered the wonder of Calibre for managing and converting books, and I'm wondering if the EZ Reader has a significantly different page turning speed when viewing epubs vs pdfs (Or any other format it supports)?

IE, are PDF files the worst-case scenario, best-case, or somewhere in the middle?
Polydwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydwarf View Post
I got a 6" EZ Reader a while back because it was on a big sale, but ended up taking it back due to being slow (to me) on changing pages. I was using it to read PDF files (non-technical). Consequently, the e-ink screen flash seemed to annoy more than when I've played with a kindle, I think because I was already annoyed at waiting for the page change.

I've since discovered the wonder of Calibre for managing and converting books, and I'm wondering if the EZ Reader has a significantly different page turning speed when viewing epubs vs pdfs (Or any other format it supports)?

IE, are PDF files the worst-case scenario, best-case, or somewhere in the middle?
If you can avoid pdf format. I tend to use epub, fb2, pdf, and txt in that order on my PP. if you are used to reading on a PDA maybe every eink device would disappoint you. but I think they are all fast enuf....well at least the 5 that i have seen and used...

I think pdf reflow is good on the ezreaders as well as on Sony products...but some think it poor...

in the end some books work better in certain formats than other books at lest in my experiment with Calbire, mobipocket creator, abc converter etc.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert