Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Danariel
Enthusiast
Danariel is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
3acp Ultimate Skins

I found a couple of replies in oher skin threads referencing the 3acp.com skins, but no dedicated threads. So I thought I'd start one.

First off, I've had mine for over a month now, and not only is it beautiful, it's functional. It protects against scratches, adds a tiny bit of "tackiness" (as in tactile sensation or gripiness, not as in trashy looking) and doesn't add any bulk. It ALSO removes the contrast between the white-white of the plastic and the gray of the screen.

It covers more of the device than the DecalGirl skins do, because it actually fully surrounds the speakers on all sides, which looks much better to me. It also has tiny air channels underneath to minimize bubbles. In fact, looking at mine, there are NO bubbles what-so-ever.

However, I think what I love most about this product was it's EXTREME ease of application. Both the front and the back pieces are covered by a clear sheet that extends out about half an inch on each side. This gives you a place to grip without touching the adhesive of the skin itself. It also makes it PAINLESS to apply all the front pieces at the same time, and line them up perfectly. I had a friend help me, him holding the top and me the bottom, and the whole thing went on in less than 2 minutes. Instructions here with great pics:
http://www.3acp.com/installation/kin...ion-guide.html

I have had 7 devices protected by the InvisibleShield, and I love them dearly. They have a phenominal guarantee against scratches, and will even let you swap for a new one if you have to exchange your device for a new one due to warranty issues (you just have to return the old, used one to them.) Unfortunately for InvisibleShield, their screen protector is MUCH too shiny, and I specifically wanted something other than a clear skin (due to the aforementioned white case/gray screen contrast issue.) The InvisibleShield is a total pain in the @$$ to apply.

The price is right, too. $13.00 plus $5.00 s/h, and the delivery time was about 3 days to Nashville, TN. I got the kindleSK-43, if anyone is interested.

Anyway, I just wanted to alert everyone to another great skin for our readers. I think this is a great product, and I'd buy it again.
Danariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
3acp has some gorgeous designs, and as long as you're not planning on ever removing the skin, they're a fine company to go with.

However, numerous people have been reporting that unlike other companies' skin products, 3acp's leaves a good deal of sticky residue behind when removed. If you ever have to return a failed Kindle, plan to sell to upgrade, or just decide you're sick of the current skin, be prepared for a significant amount of work to remove it. A few people have tried to contact the company via email to discuss this problem; to date, none have heard back.

Again, it's a non issue if you never plan to remove the skin; the designs are unique and their application is the easiest out there.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I just looked at their website and they have a disclaimer stating just that! good for them!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote