Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by atesta View Post
I got my 700 today and tried calibre 0.4.104 with it. Calibre recognized it, and synced my library.

No troubles to report.
Hmm are you sure? Coz I certainly haven't added 700 support to calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #32
atesta
Banned
atesta began at the beginning.

Device: TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Wow. I have 700 and 0.4.105 doesn't recognize it.
I don't know what to say there. I'm using calibre on ubuntu 8.04 installed via binary installer. It shows up next to the library and I can send my books to it with "send to device".

It does say "Connected PRS-505" on the right. Maybe it thinks it's a 505?

Last edited by atesta; 11-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.
atesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #33
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Mine is on Win XP.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atesta View Post
I don't know what to say there. I'm using calibre on ubuntu 8.04 installed via binary installer. It shows up next to the library and I can send my books to it with "send to device".

It does say "Connected PRS-505" on the right. Maybe it thinks it's a 505?
Ah on linux, it has some heuristics to detect sony devices that are probably matching the 700 as well
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah on linux, it has some heuristics to detect sony devices that are probably matching the 700 as well
So, you didn't need a 700... everyone just needs to move to Linux.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #36
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suspect proper support is going to require more than just treating it as a 505, especially since its database format will have changed, with the addition of annotations.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #37
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I suspect proper support is going to require more than just treating it as a 505, especially since its database format will have changed, with the addition of annotations.
Snark... I was just kidding. Didn't you see my irony smiley.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's an irony smiley?! I thought it was a my-chin-is-scratching smiley
Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #39
lowlife
lowlife began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 700
Tried Calibre on the 700 and it is not working properly, what I did was make the PRS 700 the default library as a temp work around. What is cool is that the magazine downloads work well this way.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote