Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Alcott, Louisa May: An Old Fashioned Girl, v1.2, Dec. 10 2007

Hi,

Here is another of Louisa May Alcott's books: An Old Fashioned Girl. It has been one of my ongoing favorites. There are a couple of glitches in the book which I haven't been able to fix. I'd appreciate any hints or fixes.

1. I could not induce Book Designer 4.0 to put in a page break between the preface and Chapter 1.

2. At the very end of Chapter 7, BD insists on changing the font and margins. I tried to turn it into an epigraph, paragraph, and so on, to no avail.

NOTE: I have corrected the above errors, and also fixed contraction errors in the book.

Below is the third version, and I hope it's a charm. sigh. Please upload v. 1.2
The latest version corrects more contraction errors and gets rid of a few unfortunate line breaks.

I would delete the earlier file, but I don't know how, so if any of you can, please feel free.

Starfish

Version 1.0 was viewed 9 times.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf An Old Fashioned Girl v1.2.lrf (401.5 KB, 956 views)

Last edited by Starfish; 12-10-2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: New version corrects mistakes
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there any chance you could also make a PRC and an IMP version please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Starfish
Connoisseur

Joh,

Sorry, but I don't know how to convert to those formats. I could send you the Alcott .txt files if you like.

Contact me at sharwebb@alltel.net

Starfish
Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How did you produce the LRF edition? If you've used Book Designer, then you can easily output IMP and PRC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Starfish
Connoisseur

Jon,

I did use book designer, and I tried to convert for you, but I kept getting error messages. Also, there were several choices for PRC and I didn't know which you needed---I tried all of them and none worked. Even if I were successful in converting the files, I would have no way of checking them to be sure they were ok.

Starfish.
Advert