Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Please make the version history available in Calibre! Thanx!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #18
tony59
tony59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Devices with Coolreader
Help With an Error

Hi,

This plugin has heaps of potential for me. I tried it out the other day but have hit an error. I format all my input based on a template, attached. I have tried the conversion against 4 similar documents and get the same error, also attached.

Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip eBook Edit.zip (242.1 KB, 274 views)
Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
firefoxvn
firefoxvn began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Nexus
Hi, SauliusP.
I have a problem when convert books from input docx file, the calibre doesn't add cover to mobi or epub file. Another input file type is ok. Please fix this problem.

Last edited by firefoxvn; 09-09-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #20
Q490264
Q490264 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
The conversion takes 4 hours just to do one book. Unacceptable. Is there a more efficient on available?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Hi all, sorry for late response.

tony59, the problem is in table styling. My plugin does not support table styles as of yet. However, I will include the fix to work around that and not to fail into the next release.

firefoxvn, please try both „cover“ settings in the plugin options. Also, you might try changing Calibre settings in the output to override DOCX output. And, lastly, image should be on the first page, first paragraph inline, followed by page break. Otherwise it is usually is not taken into account as a cover. There is a planned fix for that, but not in the next release, probably later.

Q490264, if you could attach that book, which takes so long to convert? I havent observed anything like that, and usually I am converting varying size books, 500 pages is not a limit, usually it is done really quickly: havent observed DOCX Input working longer, than few fractions of one second.

Next release is planned next Friday, 28th. I was working hard to include font embedding, there are few problems to fix yet, so haven't been looking here too often.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
cerda
cerda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hello Saulius,

your plugin saved me a lot of time - HUGE THANKS.

Unfortunately one of many files seems to be not possible to convert. Would you mind checking why?

Cerda

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.3 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Conversion Error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (eBook)

Convert book 1 of 1 (eBook)
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 0.9.3
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 12.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\cerda\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.9.3_tmp_ab1vzs\\ebai6z.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': True,
'dont_compress': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'first_cover': True,
'fix_indents': True,
'font_embed': u'All',
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x03F173D0>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': u'//h:h1',
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'mobi_file_type': u'old',
'mobi_ignore_margins': False,
'mobi_keep_original_images': False,
'mobi_toc_at_start': False,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': True,
'no_inline_toc': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOutput object at 0x03F17710>,
'page_breaks_before': u"//*[name()='h1']",
'personal_doc': u'[PDOC]',
'prefer_author_sort': False,
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'pretty_print': False,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\cerda\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.9.3_tmp_ab1vzs\\sc7ga9.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_bap': False,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'share_not_sync': False,
'skip_first_pg': False,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'substitute_normal_serif': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': u'Obsah',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: DOCX Input running
on C:\Users\cerda\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.3_tm p_ab1vzs\dhqfps.docx
DocxInput::convert:ath: C:\Users\cerda\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.3_tm p_ab1vzs\uolp4r_plumber
Word styles: C:\Users\cerda\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.3_tm p_ab1vzs\uolp4r_plumber\word\styles.xml
Starting parsing of styles.
Parsing of styles ended.
Word styles: C:\Users\cerda\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.3_tm p_ab1vzs\uolp4r_plumber\word\stylesWithEffects.xml
Starting parsing of styles.
Parsing of styles ended.
NumberingParser::Starting parsing.
NumberingParser::Parsing ended.
Context abstractNums: {0: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x043189F0>, 1: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x043181F0>, 2: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x04318750>, 3: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x04318C70>, 4: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x04318CD0>, 5: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.AbstractNum object at 0x04318E10>}
Context listNums: {1: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318DF0>, 2: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318DD0>, 3: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318E70>, 4: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318E90>, 5: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318EF0>, 6: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318F50>, 7: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x04318FB0>, 8: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D030>, 9: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D090>, 10: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D0F0>, 11: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D150>, 12: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D1B0>, 13: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D210>, 14: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D270>, 15: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D2D0>, 16: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D330>, 17: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D390>, 18: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D3F0>, 19: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D450>, 20: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D4B0>, 21: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D510>, 22: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D570>, 23: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D5D0>, 24: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D670>, 25: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D650>, 26: <calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s.ListNum object at 0x0431D630>}
Word document: C:\Users\cerda\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.3_tm p_ab1vzs\uolp4r_plumber\word\document.xml
Starting parsing of the document.
Python function terminated unexpectedly
0 (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 186, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 989, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 239, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.docx_input" , line 64, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.docx_input" , line 104, in _parseDocx
File "xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 107, in parse
File "xml\sax\xmlreader.py", line 123, in parse
File "xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 207, in feed
File "xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 304, in end_element
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.content_handler s.docx2html", line 110, in endElement
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.docx _types", line 176, in getText
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.docx _types", line 1086, in getText
File "calibre_plugins.docx_input_plugin.structures.list s", line 32, in getText
KeyError: 0

Last edited by cerda; 12-09-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Log appended.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #23
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerda View Post
Hello Saulius,

your plugin saved me a lot of time - HUGE THANKS.

Unfortunately one of many files seems to be not possible to convert. Would you mind checking why?

Cerda
Could you please attach sample file, which fails the conversion?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
Wulfgar
Wulfgar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi?
Thanks for nice plugin. Now is very easy for me convert word document to mobi. But i have a small difficulty. When I load a word document for example:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i8s0v5ekisn26co

Calibre not load firts picture from document as cover. but load picture from page 253 and i do not know why. sometimes load cover fine but wery often load any other picture from the book.

Pleas can you tell me why or what i do wrong? Can i set the cover manualy? I mean not downloading another from internet but load from the documet. becouse i have cover in everything.

Sry from my english it is not my born language.

Wulfgar
Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
MNIN
MNIN began at the beginning.

Device: nook
SauliusP.

I'll gladly donate to your account if you can fix one thing for me. I'm writing a book in word 2010 and converting to epub. The plugin seems to work excellent except for 1 issue. I can't get hanging indents to process.

example.. my text looks like this.. and I'll use dots to show position

Problem 1.001
.. hints about this problem
... ..(1). Remember to think "how can I solve this problem with dimensional
.. ... .. ..analysis to solve this problem
.. ...(2). think about what unit factors you were given

I'm assuming your familiar with word indenting so.. the indent is like this.
.. ...˅
... .. .. .˄
... .. .. .□

and it appears like this once processed by calibre + your plug in
Problem 1.0001
.. hints about this problem
... ....... (1) Remember to think "how can I solve this problem with dimensional
.. ... .. ..analysis to solve this problem
.. ...... ..(2) think about what unit factors you were given

where the (1) is aligned to the "hanging" part of the indent.

My book has about has about one trillion of these indents like this. I don't think I can use your plugin the way it is. Can you help?

regards
MNIN
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #26
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgar View Post
Calibre not load firts picture from document as cover. but load picture from page 253 and i do not know why. sometimes load cover fine but wery often load any other picture from the book.

Pleas can you tell me why or what i do wrong? Can i set the cover manualy? I mean not downloading another from internet but load from the documet. becouse i have cover in everything.
Hi,

This is a "problem" of DOCX Meta Data plugin. It is a part of Calibre now and I cannot influence how it works. I see same behaviour sometimes.

I propose to set the cover manually. While book record is active, press "E" to edit it and there is a "Browse" button to set cover from any image file.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #27
SauliusP.
Plugin developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNIN View Post
where the (1) is aligned to the "hanging" part of the indent.

My book has about has about one trillion of these indents like this. I don't think I can use your plugin the way it is. Can you help?
Hi,

I can help indeed. Up to this time I did not implement a proper hanging indents for lists. Not going into technical details, it is simply not very easy :-) But I will do it, as there is demand for that. When there is a new plugin version, check it's version history — I'll put a note there about hanging indents implementation.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
sailmusic
sailmusic began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor 4.0
Plugin installation failed (3 times)

calibre, version 0.9.12

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 727, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 362, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 159, in load
File "zipfile.py", line 714, in __init__
File "zipfile.py", line 748, in _GetContents
File "zipfile.py", line 763, in _RealGetContents
BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

Win7 / Calibre installed in standard directory. Do I have to deactivate the Windows firewall?
Regards sailmusic

Last edited by sailmusic; 12-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Firewalls prevent PORT connections from/to programs.

Antivirus prevents program execution (and downloads) <this may be your problem. try a temporary disable
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #30
Wulfgar
Wulfgar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi SauliusP,
can I ask you why your plugin convert only DOCX files? I have a few thousands DOC documents in many floders and for now i have not found some easy way to mass conversion all to DOCX. is there any plugin which allows convert from doc?
Closed Thread