Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #22096
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
:

. That makes it easier for me to carry when on my motorcycle. No more bungee cords trying to keep it in place.

Stitchawl
All I can think of now is Arlo Guthrie and the motor cycle song!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #22097
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the kind words folks, still no answers on what happened, but it looks as if it is murder.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #22098
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Got all my chores done and am sitting back with a big, big mug of Keemun tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Nice photos Stitchawl. I love how it looks so clean with the raked sand. Is there a ritual for the sand?
Deams, in Japan there is a ritual for EVERYTHING including entering and leaving the toilet! (You have to change your 'indoor slippers' to 'toilet slippers,') Every day one of the monks has the task of raking it all smooth, then re-raking the design. And not only 'this' design... Each garden might have its own, and there may be several different stone gardens inside a temple. Here is another one just on the other side of the wall from the first one!!

(When you study to be a Monk, you don't 'graduate' until you can walk across the garden and not leave any footprints... )

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nanzenji7.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	96104  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 11-14-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #22099
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
All I can think of now is Arlo Guthrie and the motor cycle song!
I don't want a nickle... Just wanna ride my mo..tor...cickle...

I won't drive a car unless I absolutely have to due to carrying constraints, etc. There is no pleasure in it at all for me. Four wheels move the body but two wheels moves the soul.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words folks, still no answers on what happened, but it looks as if it is murder.
That really is so tragic, Anne. Let's hope that at least the police can catch the SOB who did it.

Stitchawl
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #22100
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Hmmmmm.... That's got me wondering..... if a rose is beautiful, can it be more beautiful? Or is 'beautiful' the ultimate?
Although a thing that is beautiful is full of beauty, I think that one thing can be more beautiful than another, as it may have a greater capacity for beauty. For instance, a beautiful rose might have more beauty than a beautiful turkey. To find out, just measure them in Helens* and see which is comes higher on the scale.

Coke Zero in my cup.

*Helen: The SI unit of beauty. One milliHelen is the amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #22101
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
*Helen: The SI unit of beauty. One milliHelen is the amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
That's brilliant!!
I have never heard of the SI before this. What a wonderful convention!

Stitchawl
Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #22102
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
That somehow makes it worse. I echo Stichawl's sentiments and hope they bring whoever is responsible to justice quickly.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #22103
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your pictures are making me insanely jealous, Stitchawl. Just need to win the lottery and I'll be over there like a shot.

Black decaff in my cup.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #22104
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
That's brilliant!!
I have never heard of the SI before this. What a wonderful convention!
Umm... just in case, I should mention that the Helen is not an official SI unit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #22105
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Your pictures are making me insanely jealous, Stitchawl. Just need to win the lottery and I'll be over there like a shot.
Keep in mind that I only take photos of the pretty places. The rest looks just like London, New York, or Mexico City... I'm sure the countryside in your area is just a lovely, only it's too familiar to you to notice.

Proust said; "The voyage of discovery is not in traveling to new lands, but in seeing with new eyes."

Stitchawl
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #22106
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Keep in mind that I only take photos of the pretty places. The rest looks just like London, New York, or Mexico City... I'm sure the countryside in your area is just a lovely, only it's too familiar to you to notice.

Proust said; "The voyage of discovery is not in traveling to new lands, but in seeing with new eyes."

Stitchawl
Granted. Though as much as I want to see the "real" Japan, even if it is now confined to the areas of which you speak, I also have very fond memories of Tokyo - I'm an admirer of cityscapes too, and fell in love with Rappongi, Ginza and other such districts.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #22107
amward
Wizard

Japan is lovely in autumn if you are in the right place, but in springtime it's fantastic everywhere. There are cherry blossoms, magnolias, bulbs, wisteria etc etc, all flowering even in the smallest plots. My first visit to Japan in autumn left me with an impression of grey, in spite of going to the mountains and seeing all the lovely trees, the second visit in spring blew me away, there were flowers all over the place.

And thanks for the good wishes Orlok and Stitchy
Old 11-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #22108
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm... just in case, I should mention that the Helen is not an official SI unit.
Good thing you told me. I was thinking it was!
Well, it should be!

Stitchawl
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #22109
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Just finished a Naked Green Machine smoothie (10 fluid ounces) Working on some oatmeal and a cup of Sencha.

I just realized that Thanksgiving is next week. Better order that turkey. Man does time fly when you are sleep deprived and enjoying watching a kid grow.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #22110
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Good thing you told me. I was thinking it was!
Well, it should be!

Stitchawl
You sir, are quite the character!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?