Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
American Gods is my favourite Neil Gaiman book, and in fact one of the best books I've read in the past 5-6 years or so. My husband loved it as well. It seems to be one of those either you love it or you hate it books. A lot of people have said that they strongly dislike it.

What age do you think Coraline is suitable for? I bought my 7 year old niece a copy, do you think she is too young for such a book? I thought it was just O.K. for her (my niece is a strong reader), but my brother thinks that it might be a bit too scary for a second grader. Any thoughts?
I talked with a 3rd grader who read it last year. It really stayed with her, and not in a good way.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't give it to any little one I know at that age.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote