Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Glad we could help and you got it working. That new ability to look up any word is really great, I think. Too bad it is hidden away like it is. I don't think I EVER would have realized the capability was there unless I had read about it on this forum!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
Glad we could help and you got it working. That new ability to look up any word is really great, I think. Too bad it is hidden away like it is. I don't think I EVER would have realized the capability was there unless I had read about it on this forum!
+1!
That's why i made that silly little ePub with the word at first, before I realized I could do it another way!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
tdonline,

I'm using the suggestion you made way back on 12-09-2011:

Works fine ... and your list of 170,000 words does indeed contain "strangury".

Marty

UPDATE: Spoke too soon ... getting Nook lockups. Still sounds like a good idea, but apparently not well executed on my part.
Ha, yeah, good in theory, not so good in practice. It did work when I divided the list of words into multiple files. A single file was too large for the Nook to handle. Still, it would take a while for the definition to come up. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm very happy to hear Nook now allows us find words in the dictionary by typing.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote