Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
alexdc
alexdc began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Reformatting PDF with source file

If I have the source file for a PDF, is there anyway I can modify it for easier viewing? Specifically, I have the source for this book: http://joshua.smcvt.edu/linearalgebra/ and I was hoping I could change the page size in order to read it on my Nook.
alexdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Is the source file already a PDF? If so you need Acrobat or a good PDF editing program to change the size of the page. If not then you need to set the output page size in the conversion program. It is always best to use a page size that is correct for the size of the page on your eBook reader and then trim the margins to as small as possible. Images in the eBook may need some special handling.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdc View Post
If I have the source file for a PDF, is there anyway I can modify it for easier viewing? Specifically, I have the source for this book: http://joshua.smcvt.edu/linearalgebra/ and I was hoping I could change the page size in order to read it on my Nook.
A program you could try is OpenOffice.org/StarOffice. It can open a number of formats, including Microsoft Word and WordPerfect, and it can allow you to save a document as a PDF.

I use it to make PDF ebooks for my ereader. I've found it works best to make the page size the same as my ereader's screen (with the Nook Color I set the page size to 3.5" x 5.5"), that way when I do a page preview it will look the same on my screen as it will on my ereader's screen.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote