Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
dujik
dujik began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Conversion problems MOBY=>PDF/jpeg

I have some comics that i converted from cbr to moby format but realized that
i choose the wrong format
Now when i try to convert it back from moby to jpeg, conversion goes
correctly except the pages are sorted totally at random which makes it rather useless.
And when i try to convert it directly to pdf not only pages are sorted at random,
they are cut incorrectly (page start at the middle of the picture)

Any advice ?
dujik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Why don't you convert from CBR to PDF? It's always better to convert from the original source format.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Why don't you convert from CBR to PDF? It's always better to convert from the original source format.
Because i dont have it anymore , and there is a lot of it
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Are the pages in the correct order in the MOBI file?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Are the pages in the correct order in the MOBI file?

Yes they are,i mean when i read it on kindle there is no problem
If you cant replicate the problem i could upload file somewhere but i would think its easy to replicate because i cant convert single one correctly
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Open a ticket at http://bugs.calibre-ebook.org and attach a sample file.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Open a ticket at http://bugs.calibre-ebook.org and attach a sample file.

Hmm that page is currently offline (wrong link ?).
I`l check later ,btw i hope uploading 40mb is not to big of a file.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
user_none

The link is supposedto be http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com . I have no idea why I put .org, I only go to the site almost daily... 40 MB is to big to attach. You can use a service like megaupload and put a link to the file in the ticket.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
dujik

Ticket created ,thank you
Old 04-10-2011, 04:03 AM   #10
dujik

How long generally takes for ticket(bug) to be solved ?
I opened it 1 month ago (Ticket #9362 ).
Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #11
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That depends on quite a few factors, including the severity and complexity of the bug and the time schedule of the developer(s) working on it. Keep in mind that they are doing this in their free time.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #12
dujik

Anyone knows any other converting software for moby=>pdf or jpg ?