Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #61
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox
Done, with a few comments and no email address.

You might want to try crossposting to some of the reader social network sites too - LibraryThing, Goodreads and Shelfari you'll get a lot of responses that way.

Is it okay to do that? I'm only a member at Goodreads but I wasn't aware you could post things like that.
I'm on LT where there's been quite a bit of discussion over the whole amazon/Macmillion thing already. I'm sure a lot of people would like to have their views heard by at least some of the publishers.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #62
guizzy
guizzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300)
Done!

Really, the 250$ prize is totally unnecessary. We're all dying for publishers to hear our opinion!
guizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by guizzy View Post
Done!

Really, the 250$ prize is totally unnecessary. We're all dying for publishers to hear our opinion!

This is true.

but if I win, I'll spend it at Amazon, not MacMillan.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #64
Jeanette
Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Jeanette knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PC
Completed for you. Love to hear the summary of the feedback
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #65
dreadcptflint
Enthusiast
dreadcptflint began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Done and thank you.
dreadcptflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #66
Namtar
Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7, Kobo Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Elonex EB500
Done. Thanks

Namtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #67
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Filled it out, and gladly. Not that it will do any good, of course. This isn't David vs Goliath, this is a grain of sand on David's cousin's toe a thousand miles away vs Goliath.

Oh, and if you would, could you give the publishers this from me. image removed

And please let the *** know that I, and many others like me, wouldn't take e books off these idiots if they were paying us.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #68
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Done! And posted to facebook.

Thanks!
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #69
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Thanks guys. You have been awesome. I can't wait to share the information with you and hopefully it will make some difference, even a small one.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #70
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
done.

geo restrictions featured heavily in my submission.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #71
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yeah, nice work Jane.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:12 AM   #72
andygates
andygates began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Done. Tried to keep the ranting to a minimum.
andygates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 AM   #73
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
"I would reduce or eliminate my downloading of ebook files I have not paid for if one or more of the following events would take place
ebook prices would decline
DRM was removed
I could share books with a few friends"

You forgot the most important one there: if the book I want was available to buy.
Ditto !
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #74
Enola
Enola has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-650
Done!
Enola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #75
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Done!

And what do you know geo restrictions was my main point of concern in all my comments.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote