Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
pdxreads
Enthusiast
pdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litter

Device: Nook ST, Color Nook, iPad 2 & 4, Kobo Mini
Rooted CM7 NC: Google apps incompatible

Hi, all. Noob rooter here-- had help installing CM7 on SD on my NC, with some success. However, 2 Google apps I'd really like to use show up as incompatible. Most notable is Google Books.

I do my best to follow the tech talk here, on xda, etc., though I'm really in the techno-curious end user category.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance!
pdxreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Do you know what method you used to make the card? Was it this one, with the latest version of the installer (1.3)?

What version of CM7 did you install? If you don't know, check in Settings>About Tablet.

If it's 7.0.x stable signed, or a nightly earlier than 09252011, I would grab a nightly more recent than 202. If you made the card with an earlier version of the installer, you'll need to update that, too. Nightly 202 and onward set the default pixel density to a market compatible value.

You may still need to long-press your market icon, choose Application Info, and Clear Data (the button may stay gray for a minute, just hit it when it lights up).

A more temporary solution would be to download the LCD Density app, use it to set density 160 ("Killall" reboot option), then clear market data as above.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
pdxreads
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply

I appreciate the feedback!

A friend burned CM7 on the SD for me, so I lack some details.
The mod version is 7.0.3-encore, Build # GR140. Do I need one of the more recent nightlies?

I have already tried changed the density to 160 using LCD Resolution, and clearing the cache on Market-- Also reverted to earlier version of Market-- to no avail.

[Since CM7 is on the SD, I'm using the stock system to access Google Books--& Angry Birds Rio! ]
Old 10-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Download the CM7.1 stable that just came out. The Market works much better, I have both books and movies available in my market.

I don't use cm7 from a SD card, so I don't know how to tell you to update it ... sorry. But it will be worth it!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
pdxreads
Enthusiast

Thanks

Saw that CM 7.1 is out, with improved performance. Aiming to make the upgrade soon!

Tags
apps, cm7, incompatiblity