Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
arggggg Turn off already!

Ever since the update, I have been having (pretty regularly) problems powering down. Sometimes it takes me 3, 4, 5 times.

I hold the button down long enough (I know because sometimes it actually DOES power down ) but it either doesn't do anything, or (more likely) it goes to the screen saver. And then, of course, when I press the button it takes me back to my book (while I wait a l o n g time for it to turn on, watching those little squares

Anyway, once I get back to the book screen, I try again. Sometimes it takes me 3, or 4 times! It's such a slow process when this happens.
Also, sometimes when it DOES go back to the power off screen, the screen is all messed up - part of the book shows and part of the Power Off screen, or there's a dark vertical line. Sigh.... it rather annoying.

I like reading on my Kobo, and have saved a lot of money being able to get library books, but I'm probably going 100% Kindle when their library service gets up and running.
Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Rene
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
This has been discussed before, but usually as a once in a while event.

It does happen to me about once a month at most.

I know it's going to occur when I don't see the blue LED flash when I hold down the power off button. Then it goes to the sleep mode. I then have to push the button again to get back to the book, and sometimes it will reboot at that point. Then I'm able to power it off.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote