Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
<language> and <title> element

The Sigil validator is complaining that content.opf is missing the <language> and <title> elements. Can anybody tell me what these look like and where they go?

Thank you in advance!
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
They are located in the <metadata> section of the content.opf file.

You can add metadata items, including the required "language" and "title" items, via the tools -> metadata editor menu option (usually assigned to hot-key F8).

Or, you can directly edit the content.opf file and "do it yourself." I would not recommend this approach until after you gain some experience, though.

HTH,
Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
They are located in the <metadata> section of the content.opf file.

You can add metadata items, including the required "language" and "title" items, via the tools -> metadata editor menu option (usually assigned to hot-key F8).

Or, you can directly edit the content.opf file and "do it yourself." I would not recommend this approach until after you gain some experience, though.

HTH,
Albert
It worked! Thanks so much. I didn't know there was a metadata editor.
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote