Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
3G won't connect on keyboard kindle

Have spent two days and spoken to eight advisors at Amazon with no luck. Came to you guys as you have solved issues in the past that Amazon said couldn't be fixed.
I have a keyboard kindle, uses 3G or WiFi, software is up-to-date 3.4. I have over 2000 books, most of which I have added separately of Amazon.

The last two days, the books have not downloaded. I see them in menu>Items downloading but they don't arrive. Sent the same book to a relative's kindle that is also on my account and they got them fine.

I can no longer access kindle store either despite the 3G symbol appearing at the top and the signal bars just over half.

I have tried hard reset a number of times, nothing, and tried menu>settings>WiFi but the rescan option won't appear. Amazon got me to de-register my account but without a signal it will not let me re-register.
I really don't want to reboot to day one which was their final word.

Any advice gratefully received.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid that a Factory Reset does sound like the only solution. Make a copy of everything in the user partition before you do it and it shouldn't be too painful to recover from.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks, Harry, I'll give it a go.
UPDATE: For anyone with similar issues, I did a factory restore and everything seems to be back to normal. Picked up the 3G signal immediately and it allows me to connect to my home wifi if required. Now to reload over 2000 books!

Last edited by 20LEgend; 07-25-2013 at 07:24 AM.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote