Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
A painting a day, A Paintingblog by Duane Keiser

I like this blog very much. This woman is doing one painting every day.
You can get your daily fix through rss:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/APaintingADay
http://duanekeiser.blogspot.com/
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks for the link! I love this blog! I'm amazed at this artist's productivity. Some of the works remind me of Jon J. Muth. (comic artist)

Any more good links to art blogs? (Not just paintings.)
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #3
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Any more good links to art blogs? (Not just paintings.)
Nope. Unfortunately, artists do not seem to play too much with computers.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Thumbs up Santa Fe paintings

I'd like to call attention to this blog again. The Santa Fe paintings are beautiful. IMO the most impressive blog out there. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #5
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I agree that it's a great blog, and it's an interesting way to promote one's art. I love how she (? Isn't Duane a man's name?) has decided to challenge herself to push her talents to make a deadline and commit to a painting a day. Most artists try to emulate the artiste stereotype and get all tempermental and claim that they cannot be held to the conventions of non-artists and that their art must come from within and not from a deadline.

Good luck to her and her ambitions. Hopefully this blog will serve to further awareness to her talents.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2005, 04:33 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Duane is a guy. See the blogger profile.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I did think Duane was a man's name, but in this day and age of gender non-specificity and the challenging of assumptions one can never assume. I just went on Francesco's blurb in the first post (and I was much too lazy to look up the Blogger profile.)

Also, it's important to note that I didn't peep the date of the initial post. Instead of being current, it's actually from February. Hopefully, he's been able to keep up the pace and that the exposure has helped him sell some of his works.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
Francesco
Aficionado

LOL! I guess it's my fault. "This woman..."

Quote:
Hopefully... the exposure has helped him sell some of his works.
Well, for a while, HE sold every painting he published, even before the end of the day.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #9
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Definitely an outstanding artist!! Seems to have great texture and patterns, realistic subject material, and a great eye.

Thank you above for the post pointing out this site.
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:19 AM   #10
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I can also recommend Flickr feeds for those interested in art. Not quite the same as Duane's blog, but still good.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:17 AM   #11
Rachel1515
Rachel1515 began at the beginning.

Another artist trying to do a painting (or as it seems in his case, sometimes a drawing) every day is Jeremiah Palecek . The subject matter is quite different, but the site is updated frequently and always interesting to me.

www.jeremiahpalecek.blogspot.com

Last edited by Rachel1515; 09-26-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Rachel1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:35 AM   #12
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Have you guys/gals seen the latest series of paintings?

WOW!

http://duanekeiser.blogspot.com/