Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
ile
ile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Feature requests

A new thread for feature requests, is this OK?

- PDF margin cropping would be nice.
ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The best place for feature requests is a ticket in the bug tracker. That way, you can be sure that they get to the people who need them.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre already has a margin crop utility (pdfmanipulate) but more generally speaking calibre isn't designed to edit books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
ile

Yes I noticed pdfmanipulate, but it wasn't quite what I wanted to do.

I think the crop feature would suit nicely in Calibre (it already converts files and does some other modifying) - for example this forum has a utility called soPDF which does pretty much what I needed.

Yes I can use it separately but integrating with Calibre would be very nice.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I personally have no interest in perpetuating the use of non reflowable formats for digital information. But feel free to submit a patch, I won't refuse it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
ile

Have to continue this thread since I created it...

How about a collection manager for Kindle? Well, actually I wouldn't want a "manager" but maybe the tags could play a role here or something.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ile View Post
Have to continue this thread since I created it...
You do not "have" to continue this thread, since the only proper place for feature requests are via the calibre bug tracker.

Quote:
How about a collection manager for Kindle? Well, actually I wouldn't want a "manager" but maybe the tags could play a role here or something.
Currently Kindle makes it very difficult to create/manage collections through the USB connection. There is an enhancement request for this here and a thread that discusses it here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
ile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You do not "have" to continue this thread, since the only proper place for feature requests are via the calibre bug tracker.
OK please delete/lock this thread then.

Last edited by ile; 10-12-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
OK please delete/lock this thread then.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing up anything for discussion. Many times an idea for an added feature gets improved by discussion in the forum prior to creating a ticket.

I was just pointing out why there currently isn't a sticky thread for new features.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote