Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
annhars
annhars began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Problem connecting to PC.

Hello everyone.
Since yesterday I my PC (windows 7) doesn't recognise my Pocketbook 360. I get a message "You need to format the disk in drive G: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?". I tried it on my laptop also (windows vista) and I get the same message. I tried differnet usb cables and differnet usb ports. The message on my pc is the same. I also tried hard reset. I haven't updated yet (my versionis 14.2). Do I answer yes? Will the format erase everything in the pocketbook (firmware,programs) and destroy it?
Hope I can find some help here.
Thanks in advance.
annhars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi annhars,

I have had this happen to my PB360 several times (I only wish I knew why).

If your PB is still working you can recover by selecting [Settings] - [Maintenance] - [Format internal memory].

It sort-of restores you back to a "plain vanilla" system.
Your books on the internal memory will be gone. Those on your SD card should be OK, but I always remove the SD card before I start the reformat.

You will also lose anything you added manually to the /system directory e.g fonts, dictionaries, logos, themes, fbreader180, extra games.

Once the reformat is complete you should end up in the main menu - possibly in German - so you may need to go into [Settings] and reset to your chosen language.

At this point I always switch the PB360 off and reboot it.

You can then put back your manual items as mentioned above (fonts, dictionaries etc).

I then do another reboot before I start to put back any books and reset all my personal preferences in Settings - like key mappings.

Hope this helps
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
annhars
annhars began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Thank you jackie_w!!!
It worked fine. Exactly as you described.
annhars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Excellent!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Excellent!
Anyway, we have to check why this memory detoriation occurs and find a solution for the problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
I had the same problem and this appears to have fixed it.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote